PDA

View Full Version : Install Air Lifts Under Bed

chockwald
03-23-2009, 12:44 AM
When we visited with Michael and Georgia Day over New Year's Michael gave me two 120 pound gas props to use under our bed to replace the long board used to prop the bed up when accessing the storage area under it. It has been a two person job to lift and place the board to hold the bed up while we put things away, or take them out. Well, today I finally got around to installing them. It took a few false starts, but I finally figured out the proper placement and angle. Now I can lift the bed with one hand, and lower it with one hand. Thanks to Michael and Georgia Day for making our Newell lives a little easier! Here are a few pictures.

zcasa
03-23-2009, 01:17 AM
Clarke, Thanks for the pictures of your handy work. Sure makes things a lot easier. Look forward to seeing it in person at the Rally. Michael has sure helped so many of us out. I am now working on replacing my anode rod and thanks to Michael's help, I have the water heater out and tomorrow will work on getting the rod out of the top. I wouldn't want to own a Newell without Michael being here.

See you soon.

David

encantotom
03-23-2009, 01:18 AM
very nice. i have considered it myself.

tom