PDA

View Full Version : Windshield wiper help needed

ttikalsky
03-30-2009, 04:00 AM
My drivers side windshield wiper works intermittently. When I pull the lever to engage the wiper it pauses then jerks to action for 1 or 2 swipes and stops. Both wiper motors were replaced when I purchased the coach and the passenger side works great. They are air powered and I noticed a tube coming from the wiper motor that is not connected to anything. This unterminated tube vents air and appears that it should connect to something. I tried plugging but that did not work, the tube popped of the wiper motor connection. I can see the passenger side wiper motor has a similar 'extra' hose but because it is behind the power center I have not been able to determine where it goes. Anyone have an idea where this unterminated tube should be connected?

Troy Tikalsky
Waconia, MN
1986 Newell

chockwald
03-30-2009, 04:32 AM
The first time I used my windshield wipers I experienced the same problem. I discovered quite by accident that you could adjust the speed by turning the knob clockwise. Have you tried that?

ttikalsky
03-30-2009, 01:24 PM
I have adjusted the speed by turning the knob and it only works on 'high' speed.

Troy

Wally Arntzen
03-30-2009, 01:42 PM
Hi Troy,

I had the same problems with my 88 several years ago. I don't remember the way the hoses were connected but I replaced both of mine. There are adjustment screws on the wiper motor that you can change the movement process. I moved the screws and put the motor back on with a couple screws and tried it until I had it right.
If you want to get new motors or information from and expert call Rome Truck Parts in Agusta, GA at 706-234-6228. I got new Trico Motors and air switches from them and now have them workling well.
The air operated wipers are the one thing on my Newell that I like the least.
Good luck.
Wally