PDA

View Full Version : dash stem lights

encantotom
04-04-2009, 03:47 AM
hi all,

i have these stems that stick up from the dash about 1.5" and come on with the dash lights to light the switches. the angled redish orange lights plug into the stem with the stem being a socket.

does anyone know what they are from or where to get new ones?

thanks

tom

fulltiming
04-04-2009, 07:33 AM
Tom, I believe those are similar to Whelen Post Lights. They are used in aircraft applications. Take a look at http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/elpages/postlites.php. I suspect that Chuck at Newell either has them or can come up with a source.

Wally Arntzen
04-05-2009, 03:52 AM
Tom,

I got some from Newell a couple of years ago.
I have a few with me. If you need one or two I can help you.

Nice seeing you and Darlene today.
Wally

express1
07-14-2009, 09:40 PM
post lights at newell $45.00 ea.
last weeks price.

encantotom
07-14-2009, 11:37 PM
i am thinking you ought to buy a couple of hundred of them and give them to us as christmas gifts. if not, i will just rebuild or fix what i have when i need to.

45 bucks for a little light is a little stiff for me.

tom

Wally Arntzen
07-15-2009, 04:28 AM
Tom, I always thought of you as a special guy, if you can rebuild bad lights I will look at as a super special guy.

Good luck my friend, I popped for several of them about 3 years ago from Newell.

Summersgal
02-06-2010, 12:54 PM
Hello All,

On our 1996 Coach I have a lot of the Post Lights in different locations. The ones located on the dash are all now working and I found the dimmer for those and they function correctly. The post lights installed on the small switch panels on each side of the bed are now all working and they can be dimmed all the way to off. The Post lights located on the instrument panel above the microwave, and the switch panel on the end of the kitchen lower cabinet when you first enter the coach are all now working also. Here comes the "BUT", I can find no dimmer to dim or switch to shut off the post lights located on the last two panels I described. I have not tried to see if these lights go out if the coach is running or if they go out when shore power is removed. I have tunnel vision believing there must be a dimmer switch somewhere. I also found out that out of the 11 post lights that where not working, one had the wire off on the back of the light, the others were just the bulbs. The Grainger part number for the bulb is 1C904.

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/wwg/search.shtml?searchQuery=1c904&op=search&Ntt=1c904&N=0&sst=All

Do these lights stay on all the time, can they not be dimmed, or am I going to look silly on this one.

Jeff

Summersgal
02-06-2010, 01:46 PM
Hello All,

On our 1996 Coach I have a lot of the Post Lights in different locations. The ones located on the dash are all now working and I found the dimmer for those and they function correctly. The post lights installed on the small switch panels on each side of the bed are now all working and they can be dimmed all the way to off. The Post lights located on the instrument panel above the microwave, and the switch panel on the end of the kitchen lower cabinet when you first enter the coach are all now working also. Here comes the "BUT", I can find no dimmer to dim or switch to shut off the post lights located on the last two panels I described. I have tried to see if these lights go out if the coach is running or if they go out when shore power is removed. I have tunnel vision believing there must be a dimmer switch somewhere. I also found out that out of the 11 post lights that where not working, one had the wire off on the back of the light, the others were just the bulbs. The Grainger part number for the bulb is 1C904.

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/wwg/search.shtml?searchQuery=1c904&op=search&Ntt=1c904&N=0&sst=All

Do these lights stay on all the time, can they not be dimmed, or am I going to look silly on this one.

Jeff

express1
02-07-2010, 03:11 AM
the ones that you refer to stay on..... I have replace 2 in about 1 year..... I am not sure how long they will last but they do change easy.....

jwe648
02-07-2010, 12:13 PM
Tom... Lucky to live AZ ... There are many very large Aircraft Salvage yards here.... they most likley have buckets of Post Lights and other interesting things.. such as light wedges that fit around the instrument..

I'll ask my guys & get you some #'s ........

Jimmy

i am thinking you ought to buy a couple of hundred of them and give them to us as christmas gifts. if not, i will just rebuild or fix what i have when i need to.

45 bucks for a little light is a little stiff for me.

tom

encantotom
02-07-2010, 06:22 PM
hi jimmy, that would be great. i never thought of that. there some i would like to replace with white rather than red. and add a few more.

tom