PDA

View Full Version : Adding ceiling fan?

folivier
06-06-2009, 09:13 PM
Has anyone added a ceiling fan to their bedroom?
I see there are some 12volt models out there but I'd really like to install a Hunter classic style. They're pretty heavy so I'm not sure about hanging that much weight over the bed. Above my bed there are no lights, etc. so I can't tell if there are any beams to attach the fan to without cutting into the headliner. It should not be a problem to get power since the power distribution box for 12V and 120V are right there on the left side of the closet.
Does anyone have the Endless Breeze fan by Fantastic Vent? What I'm looking for is a quiet fan that moves air around, not a tornado.
Thanks,
Forest

fulltiming
06-06-2009, 10:14 PM
Forest, my 1992 has a Hunter 3 speed 120 volt fan over the bed. I am certain that a call to Newell would get you information as to where and how they mount the ceiling fans in the bedroom. Mine had a wireless remote control unit but it keep getting triggered by unknown sources and coming on so I mounted a off-on switch with a three speed slider in the bottom of the cabinet that overhangs the center of the bed. Got the switch at Home Depot in the ceiling fan department. Make sure you get the ceiling fan without the light kit or you will knock your head off every time you sit up in bed.

encantotom
06-06-2009, 11:56 PM
as high as the bed is in mine and the ceiling height, a ceiling fan could double as a vegatable chopper. just hold the carrot up and slice and dice.

but if there is the room it would be nice if you dont hit your head on it.

tom

folivier
06-07-2009, 02:11 AM
Michael, do you know if your Newell came from the factory with the ceiling fan?
I'll try and call Newell next week.

fulltiming
06-07-2009, 03:19 AM
To the best of my knowledge it was. It certainly looks like a factory install. I just measured the location of the fan. It is, of course, centered left to right. It is centered 24" from the edge of the overhead cabinet that runs the width of the coach across the back. The wires for the fan run into the same rear overhead cabinet to the 120 volt line.