PDA

View Full Version : Creede, girl talk

prairieschooner
07-03-2009, 02:20 PM
Hello, This is for the ladies.......So guys, get your other half on and let us do some chatting....What are we going to do while the guys are talking engines and the such. although I do what to be inform regarding our coach. Lets face it, it does get a little old. I am game to go see some sights, go to lunch in town..or have a afternoon of whatever...I am game , what about you? We are towing my car and it seats four more people. Tricia.

encantotom
07-03-2009, 04:30 PM
i will pass it on to darlene. she did spend an afternoon fixing tuga's blinds in austin and showed how to make bread from scratch and bake it in the convection oven for some of the ladies last time.

tom

zcasa
07-03-2009, 07:41 PM
Hey Steve and Tricia:

Denise has researched the theater of Creede. It is very nice and would be a great night out for the group. Go to the Theater for Creede on Google and read about what is playing and when and maybe we can phone the Theater and ask for a group rate and everyone can phone that would like to go and reserve their own tickets? I know, that Denise and I, would love to do this and the more the merrier. Did I say that somewhere else, Clarke? Maybe you can PM your email to us and you and Denise can make some plans for the group???? Would be fun to do something nice one evening with the group.

encantotom
07-03-2009, 07:58 PM
we would like to go to the theatre.

tom and darlene

Richard and Rhonda
07-03-2009, 09:08 PM
Tricia,

Hey, I resemble that remark, I am SO wounded.

Seriously, I'll get Rhonda on line, but she will still be somewhat limited in walking because of a minor incident earlier in the spring :-) You 'll be plenty entertained at her busting my chops, the theatre will come to you.

If this get together is anything like the wing ding in Austin, I think you will find the guys and their lovely brides to conversant in all manner of things not associated with diesel fumes. For example, we could talk about cars or power tools. :-)

Some will be going out for bike rides (if we remember our little shorts) and hikes.

encantotom
07-03-2009, 09:16 PM
this is darlene's response.

I'm game for whatever comes along! Would love to do some sightseeing -- if someone else figures out where to go. Might also have to bring the guys along on this one. Also, window shopping and lunch are great too. As always, just visiting is good. We can also play games. I love to play games, but Tom usually doesn't, so I usually have to recruit people to play with me -- that would be all of you ladies!!!!!! It would also be nice to have a pot luck or two in the evenings. We did this in Austin and it was a lot of fun. Anything you want to do is fine with me -- I just usually roll with the punches. Let me know. We also have a CRV that can get us places. Thanks. Darlene.

zcasa
07-03-2009, 09:27 PM
Ok, the following is a show on Aug. 5th at 7:30PM. Tickets range from $19-29 all inclusive. For a group of 10-19, 15% off that price. For 20 or more, 20% off. The website is www.creederep.org

Check this out, it has an excellent reputation and people love it. Should we get more interest, I will phone the theater again and reserve some tickets until a date certain for anyone to phone in their request and card number.

Talk about the battle of the sexes. Read below.

David

Book by Michael Hollinger
Music, Lyrics and Story by Michael Hollinger and Vance Lehmkuhl
Rating: PG
It’s 1941, and the Society for the Preservation and Encouragement of Barber Shop Quartet Singing in America (S.P.E.B.S.Q.S.A) is holding a competition to find the best Barbershop Quartet in America. The only catch: No Girls Allowed. But with the help of fake moustaches, bad suits, and great voices, a fearless foursome of females turns the singing contest into a hilarious battle of the sexes. This delightful musical comedy blends toe-tapping tunes, high-energy farce, and unexpected romance to make a very wonderful noise!

prairieschooner
07-04-2009, 02:15 AM
I'm think that I'm game for the Theater but I need to ask first.

Steve

chockwald
07-04-2009, 03:34 AM
I'm not a girl, but I'd like to go to the theater...sign us up!

prairieschooner
07-06-2009, 03:30 PM
I love all of the response.. And Steve and I will go to the theater for sure. We did go to that site and it looks like fun. I need to go back to the sight and check it out again. I thought a different play was going to be on while we were there. I would love to see a play about barber shop quartet. My older brother used to belong to the society and was in a large group and a quartet. I loved going to watch their performances. They use alot of comedy and it makes for a fun night. It looked like another play was going to be showing, do we know for sure what they will be doing while we are there. Are there any quilters out there. I have to hit the quilt shops along the way. I have some hand sewing that I am bringing. I usually carry it around, but to be honest, I don't usually get much done while we are on vacation. I love window shopping, and looking at art. It looks like they have a few places to check out, But the guys will most likely want to do some of that stuff also. I think that it would be fun to get away for a lunch. What about a cocktail, get together at the coaches in the early evening? Anyway, I am looking forward to meeting all of you, and getting on the road. This is our first time putting on so many miles, and we are going to see places that we have not seen or experienced before. Talk to all of you later, Tricia

prairieschooner
07-06-2009, 03:39 PM
Thank you David, I went back to the site, and we are interested in going on Aug. 5th at 7:30 to Wonderful Noise. When should we contact them for tickets, so we can all go together? Tricia

encantotom
07-06-2009, 03:49 PM
Darlene is a mega sewer. a variety of machines from oil bath factory juki to computer controlled embroidery and does quilting as well. she loves to look at fabric type things and we could open up a shop at our house with what she has now (like i could for a variety of other things).

what we found at austin is that we didnt plan very much and i must say that is what i like. we just basically all hung out together and did things with each other. i am not there to go do things on my own as i travel alot and am there to be with the gang. we ate together most every nite in some form, either impromptu pot lucks which were a ball or going out. during the day the guys worked on each others coaches and talked about whatever we felt like and it was really fun.

if it gets too schedulee, i will go into schedule shock. i work where meetings and calendars rule my life and will avoid that at all costs.....(except i know we need to set up a nite for the play).

thats my 2 cents worth and you get what you pay for

tom

zcasa
07-06-2009, 11:03 PM
Ok, thanks everyone. I will call the Creede Theater and ask to reserve some tickets for a week or so, in order to allow for anyone interested to phone the theater and purchase your tickets. I will post the phone number and particulars as soon as I visit with the Theater folks. This will be a very fun night out for any of us that want to go. Maybe we can find a restaurant in town to eat beforehand. I'l check it out.

For those of us that are novices with these coaches, I would love to have Tom and Richard give us a couple of seminars on routine maintenance and upkeep of the Newell's. If you guys could do this, maybe we could schedule a few times for this? Hopefully, we can have a get together each evening for a potluck dinner, except theater night, which would be the 5th. The 6th is a definite pot luck evening as many of us will be leaving the 7th. We are just four weeks away.

Have a good evening.

DAvid

chockwald
07-07-2009, 12:18 AM
I would enjoy injecting a little currency into the local economy with a couple of meals out, and the theater outing, but don't want to get to scheduled. The pot lucks are great, and a time for impromptu sharing, and getting to know each other.

encantotom
07-07-2009, 01:37 AM
between richard, michael and i, we can talk your legs off on this stuff. i would love to show what systems i have updated and why and such and between us we can cover series 60 and the camper engine, the 8v92/6v.

lets lay low on the scheduling, and just do it. when a calendar with times shows up, i don't, not unless you are going to pay my hourly rate....and trust me, its steep.

later

tom

prairieschooner
07-08-2009, 03:15 AM
I think that Tricia just wanted to be part of the group, she like to go places and see things with others.

encantotom
07-08-2009, 04:56 AM
darlene loves to hang out, play games, make stuff, sew, go places and buy stuff.

i love to talk newell, fix newell, spend on newell and fix newell.

tom

zcasa
07-08-2009, 11:57 AM
That all sounds good. No worries on scheduling. Tom can just spend the night in our camper, that way I'm hoping to avoid his fee. lol. I'll work on the theater stuff and post soon.

Have a good day and hello from Hotlanta. Life is good.

David

prairieschooner
07-09-2009, 04:28 PM
Hey again. Looking forward to the theater, spending time with all of you, and hanging out. Hoping we have the most perfect weather of course. We are bringing the bikes, so, hoping to get on them for some excersie. We do not want any tight schedules either, but we do want to fish and just see as much as possible. So, that's my story. Tricia :rolleyes:

jmacstack
07-10-2009, 01:41 PM
If I were going to Creede, I think I would be the only gal hanging with the guys engaged in Rig talk! Wish I were heading to Creede, so I could meet you all! Have a blast! Jennifer

Richard and Rhonda
07-10-2009, 04:11 PM
Jennifer,

I have an pretty good assumption that the classic crowd is going to have some kind of get together on a regular basis. Hope you can make the next one. There is already some prelim conversation about going to Colorado.

On the other hand, I sure do like Montana !!!!!!!!!

There is a Jennifer Stackpole actress, would you be one and the same?

jmacstack
07-10-2009, 06:01 PM
Richard,
No I'm just a plain ol' person who acts up every now and then! I hope there are regular get togethers as I would love to meet you all! I certainly could and would organize a Montana get together. There are a few great, big rig RV campgrounds here in Western Montana. What is the cut off year from classic to non-classic? I'm off to read about the usage or not of my merge switch!

Richard and Rhonda
07-10-2009, 06:23 PM
I don't think this crowd does the cut off thing. Most of the ones I've met aren't too big on "rules".

chockwald
07-10-2009, 06:27 PM
Hi Jennifer...there had been talk of meeting again in Colorado next summer, however, I wouldn't mind going to Montana. Haven't been there in 30 years! No doubt there will be discussion in Creede about the next get together, and we will certainly keep you in the loop as the discussion moves forward.

Since our coaches are only 5 years apart I, more than likely, have a similar setup to yours as far as the merge switch is concerned. I haven't had occasion to use mine yet, but leave it in the middle, or off position all of the time. When I'm driving, or plugged in all batteries seem to be charging. I keep my chassis batteries isolated from the other batteries with a on/off switch in the bay where they are kept. I only turn on that switch when I think the chassis batteries need a little extra charging boost. Typically this happens when I'm just starting the coach up and driving a short distance to my home after it has been sitting in storage for a while. I know the drive home is not enough to replace any lost charge from sitting in storage.

fulltiming
07-10-2009, 07:27 PM
Jennifer, following up on the Classic issue, technically the Classics were the pre Series 2000 coaches which started with the 1990 year model (although there was at least one 1990 model Classic built).

There has never been any discrimination on this board as to series or age of coach even though the name of the site is NewellClassic. The Austin mini-rally had more 1990-1999 coaches than any other group but there were several classics and all coaches got equal attention. Wally and Clarke had the Classics at the rally and they are both beautiful, well maintained coaches.

It looks like there will be a lot of Classics in Creede.

At future mini-rallies, who knows what the mix will be but it is great to look at the differences/similarities between the coaches and try to learn from each other.

Wally Arntzen
07-10-2009, 11:58 PM
As a followup to Michael, I had a 78 prior to the 88 I now own and we went to 2 Newell rallies with the 78 and 2 with the 88. I can assure you that Newell does not discriminate as to the age of the coaches, we did not feel out of place at any of the rallies with our old rigs but I can assure you that we sure had a coach that looked a lot different than the new ones. My 88 looks just like your 87 and at this point I will probably be in it for some time, but I love it.

prairieschooner
07-11-2009, 04:14 AM
I wanna go to Montana.

jmacstack
07-11-2009, 02:01 PM
Thanks for keeping me in the, "where's the next rally" loop. I hope you all have a great time in Creede. I am driving the coach to northern NH at the beginning of August and back again a couple weeks later. I'm really looking forward to it. Perhaps I will see some of you on the road! Now I'm back to my merge switch brain as...I'm not so confused about the switch as much as I am about which batteries are being charged when, with or without battery minder and which batteries are depleted when and, and, and, and what the current charger is charging when and well you get it! I wish I could just drive to one of your houses and you could walk through it with me! Thanks for all your help and your wisdom. Between your wisdom and my undying curiosity and courage to tackle...I should get a grip on this charging/not charging/merge switch issue! Cheers, Jennifer

fulltiming
07-11-2009, 02:28 PM
Jennifer, you have email.

prairieschooner
07-11-2009, 03:43 PM
Jennifer,
Go to the Power Generation Section. I am starting a new thread to help clarify this.

zcasa
07-14-2009, 09:03 PM
CREEDE THEATER INFO

Call in and say you want to see A Wonderful Noise on Aug. 5th 7:30 PM show and that you are part of the Zonker RV Group.

Phone # 719.658.2540 and if you have any problems, ask to speak with Elizabeth.

The reason to say Zonker RV Group is so that we are sitting together. Right now we have reserved 14 tickets and these reservations are good until July 28th. We just purchased 4 of these tickets for the Zonker clan. So we still have 10 additional reserved tickets. We are in rows 8 and 9 I think she said and this should allow us to not strain our necks etc. I'm sure we can get more tickets together if we need to. The theater seats 231. Ticket price is $29 each. Awesome show. They only give a discount if we buy alltogether, so, since it is a not for profit and can use all the help they can get, I said we would just all purchase our own. Only amounted to a couple of bucks anyways. What is a gallon of diesel here or there? lol.

Please phone in, because if you buy the tickets online, they won't know you are part of the reserved seating area for the Zonker RV Group.

Let's gittor done!!!!

encantotom
07-14-2009, 09:12 PM
i just bought 2 for darlene and i.

tom

chockwald
07-14-2009, 09:14 PM
Just got off the phone with Elizabeth and we have seats I9 and 10.......

prairieschooner
07-15-2009, 01:52 AM
I just got off the phone with Mallory and reserved seats I7 & I8. Looks like the luck of the draw and they have the '82s next to each other.

Ron and Susan
07-15-2009, 06:11 PM
Just got off the phone and have seats I5 and I6 for a wonderful noise.

chockwald
07-15-2009, 06:24 PM
David...looks like ony 2 tickets left now out of the 14 you set aside originally!

zcasa
07-16-2009, 11:49 AM
Outstanding. Should we go beyond the 14 initially protected reserved seats, I will phone Elizabeth and get a few more protected. We should know pretty quick based upon our forum.

Looking forward to the fun times ahead. Life is good.

David

folivier
07-21-2009, 12:24 AM
Cindy and I have row I seats 3 & 4

zcasa
07-21-2009, 01:10 AM
I'm making some Wonderful Noise just seeing how many of us are going to the Theater. How fun. So, with Forest and Cindy having purchased the last of the original 14 tickets that I had reserved, I just phone Elizabeth and reserved 8 more. I know, I know, a little bit optimistic that the entire group can go, but let's do it. She did say, and this is unbelievably gracious, that any of us can cancel with 24 hours notice, and get a full refund. Are you kidding me? This is a no lose situation for all of us. We have the additional 8 reserved seats right behind the first 14 that purchased. We will have alot of fun. See posting #31 on this thread for the phone number, show name etc.

Thanks to all for wanting to go to the Theater. This will be a memorable evening for the group.

David