PDA

View Full Version : '82 air ride linkage

prairieschooner
07-09-2009, 03:44 PM
I just finished talking with Chuck at Newell Parts. The Linkage Rods for the Nu-way Valves were fabricated at the factory from 2 rods by welding them together. He made it sound as if they were possibly unique to each coach. I had a problem with the linkage at the right rear and was able to repair it with some fuel hose and a little blacksmithing, I wanted to just replace both of them now but this may have to wait. I was able to get a new valve on it's way just for spare parts and should have it before Creede. I will most likely look at both sides again before the Creede Trip.

Wally Arntzen
07-09-2009, 05:11 PM
Steve, it sounds like you are working on the air system and using fuel line for a temporary repair. You should be able to pick up some DOT rated air line at any truck repair place or Napa. I would feel uncomfortable with the fuel line on any air system.
I wish you well with your repair.

Richard and Rhonda
07-09-2009, 07:53 PM
Or he used fuel line as the rubber "clamp" underneath where the horizontal rod clamps to the vertical rod.

Good caution to use the DOT airline.

prairieschooner
07-09-2009, 09:23 PM
I am using the Fuel Hose as the Grommets. I would have ratherjust bought the Grommets but they are only available at $27.00 each and include the Linkage Rod. I am able to make the Grommets with a few dollars worth of Fuel Hose.

GORDON HUMMEL
07-09-2009, 09:36 PM
Larry,

Can you post a picture of this grommet? We had a lot of failures on Mack's with hendrickson suspension on a rubber grommet on the axle end of leveling valve linkage. Kind of looked like the letter "P" with the rod going in the straight section & the bolt going thru the center of the "P". We stocked them +/- $5.00.

prairieschooner
07-10-2009, 02:17 AM
Here are some pictures of the Linkage. I can't post more or help with the dimensions after I remove them for repair. +- $5.00 is reasonable.

GORDON HUMMEL
07-10-2009, 06:58 PM
Steve
The Hendrickson setup used on Mack's is a lot different. I've seen some cab air ride setups with the grommet installed in the rod, but the grommet was not sold seperately.

prairieschooner
07-11-2009, 03:46 AM
thanks anyway. I guess that I will have to use the Fuel Line as grommets.