PDA

View Full Version : Additional storage

GORDON HUMMEL
07-21-2009, 07:40 PM
The other night, laying in bed, my hand some how landed between the head board & mirror frame. For unknown reasons, I pushed up on the mirror frame & it pushed back. Of course I got up to look for the reason. To my amazement, the mirror was actually a door to a 17" deep closet. Of course there were 2 more.

I, like most of you, have explored our new toys, and felt comfortable that we had found every nook & crany that Newell provided, based on the original customers budget. I knew the hanging cabinets on each side went back beyond the mirrors. I also realize the radiator doghouse was taller than the engine doghouse, & just assumed that what little l space was left was ignored.

I am sharing this in the hopes that I will help someone else find this area, or have someone admit I was not the first to miss this area.

fulltiming
07-21-2009, 08:26 PM
Glad you found it and that you made the post. There may be others that haven't found that great storage area. I keep my DVD's (both movies and software) and CD's in three-ring binders made to store them. The cabinet behind the headboard is a great location to store those, my camera equipment and books. Being at the very back of the coach heavy items placed in that storage area actually take weight off the front of the coach and transfer it to the tag and drive axles which have greater carrying capacity.

express1
07-22-2009, 12:17 AM
How much weight could fit in that area?
Thats a lot of camera and dvds.

fulltiming
07-22-2009, 12:55 AM
Most of the space in mine is occupied by books and paper products which, short of tools, are one of the heavy items per cubic foot (about 51 pounds/cubic feet). The binders that I use for DVD's and CD's are about 26 pounds/cubic feet. The available space is about 24 cubic feet so 'in theory' you could get about 600-1200 pounds. Realistically, probably 300-600 pounds. :)

zcasa
07-22-2009, 12:20 PM
Gordon, thanks for posting. I have an identical setup in #303. I was a complete village idiot when I purchased our Newell. On the phone, the seller was telling me about the Joey Bed down below. I asked him if that is where guests sleep. I know the guy was saying to himself "Dude needs to buy a tent". But here I am four years later, and thanks to the goodwill and tremendous generosity of time and sharing on this forum by soooo many good people, my knowledge and experience is growing DAILY. Thanks for posting and I also hope that all of us will keep posting all of our experiences as complex or simple as they might be. It makes this forum a must visit daily.

Have a good day.

David