PDA

View Full Version : Location of Entry door position

Clint Hash
12-29-2005, 12:05 AM
Maybe someone can answer this question for me? I always thought the Newell was known for having a mid entry door and that made it somewhat unique? I seen one a couple of months ago and the fella had a front entry door on it. :?

Thanks,
Clint

rcpgolf53
12-30-2005, 03:30 PM
Clint

Newell has recently been building a number of coaches with front entry doors. I don't know all the reasons but I do know a front door allows for a larger front passenger slide. With a mid door you can only have a 8ft. slide on a 45ft. coach. With a front door you can go anywhere from a 10ft. to a 14 ft. slide. There are a lot of people that just prefer a front entry door so Newell made it available. The beauty of customization.

Bob

larryweikart
02-02-2006, 02:55 PM
I talked to Sam Robinsin at the Tampa show and he said the main reason was for the slide size. We like our mid entry because it keeps the traffic pattern thru the living room to a minimum. We are not full timers so the additional space in our 45' is not of importance. Sure loved the 2006 on display at Tampa. The Murphy be was impressive, especially for those who like to entertain.

fulltiming
03-03-2006, 09:01 PM
Bob and Larry have hit the nail on the head. The advent of large curb side slides has made front entries almost necessary.