PDA

View Full Version : Forum Newbie - Restored 1983 40' Newell

Shoebox
01-15-2010, 02:09 AM
I would first off like to thank everyone for the useful information. I bought a 1 owner bus for 23 years and am new to the world of rv-ing. I was very well versed in large boats so that has made things much easier. But I had so many of those weird things that I just couldn't figure out and thanks to you I found most of the answers here. So thank you all very much.

I have a 1983 Newell 40' with a 6v92 and only 104,000 miles. It has just been completely refurbished and really is a beautiful rig. We just made it back to Michigan after a month in Stuart, FL. She ran like a true champ. I do have the bus for sale and more info can be seen in the classifieds. My plans are certainly to get some good use out of it till it sells. I can almost guarantee there is nothing out there like it. I will get some additional pictures of the interior posted in the galley once I get a bit of time to do so.

I look forward to getting to know some of you better.

fulltiming
01-15-2010, 08:27 AM
Great looking rig Shoebox. The classic style with the modern paint scheme is really quite a standout. I would love to see additional photos of the interior.

Sorry to hear you are selling it.

Richard and Rhonda
01-15-2010, 12:49 PM
Wow, did you have it painted or was that done prior by the PO.

Please post pics of the interior.

What took you so long to post :-) We could have learned something from your challlenges.

Welcome to this merry band.

tuga
01-15-2010, 01:22 PM
Welcome Shoebox, that is a beautiful classic. That is the first classic that I have seen with a new modern paint job that "fits" perfectly. Many others just seemed to be a regular classic paint job that was just jazzed up a little with stripes or splashes. Who ever designed that paint scheme was very talented, IMO. It looks great!

Shoebox
01-15-2010, 01:30 PM
Thanks for the compliments. I am from Holland, MI so i am sure most of you have heard of Holland Motor Home. I have some friends there that have help finish her up. The Previous owner bought the bus from his dad (original owner) a few years ago and started the renovations. She was gutted down to the cabinets on the interior and there were even a few modifications to them. The paint scheme was designed and painted by a Fleet refinishing company here in Holland and they did a fantastic job. I will try and post some interior pics today from my other computer.

chockwald
01-15-2010, 03:32 PM
That is the first modern paint job I have seen on a classic that fits! Fleet did a great job in coming up with a design that fits the classic styling. Looking forward to the interior shots!

Shoebox
01-15-2010, 06:17 PM
Here are some interior pics that i took a while back. SInce these pictures were taken i installed a larger dual tub sink in the galley. More to come.

Shoebox
01-15-2010, 06:19 PM
More interior.

Shoebox
01-15-2010, 06:22 PM
I forgot to mention that all the seating is new Flexsteel as well.