PDA

View Full Version : Considering dishin' it up

HoosierDaddy
02-01-2010, 03:17 AM
I'm considering an in-motion satellite dish from King Dome. Just wondering if anybody has experience with their products..It appears that the prices are dropping.
Dean

Richard and Rhonda
02-01-2010, 12:50 PM
Do you, or plan on using HD signals? Do you use DirectTV or Dish?

I'm guessin :-) the Michael will jump in here with one of his most excellent explanations and give us all the latest ins and outs of the satellite world.

The reason for asking is the HD satellites complicate the in motion situation.

express1
02-01-2010, 02:12 PM
I have the latest true inmotion HD sat. and it works great...Never a issue and it came with a HD receiver. Of coures I have had Dishnetwork for 20 or so years.....Direct is slow of use........yes, I had both at the same time.
Many keep direct because of NFL package, but that is changing soon. Says Dish......

tuga
02-01-2010, 06:19 PM
I would recommend a TracStar 360 in motion satellite dish. I have one and the service is great and so is the product. I had a Trackvision before and I didn't like it. After 2 years of use it would not connect and the tech told me it was not worth fixing and he recommended a TracStar. I have been happy ever since.

Ron Skeen
02-02-2010, 12:06 AM
I have a Trac Star 360 built 7/2004, S/N 8043, Complete with everthing. I took it off a freind coach and installed a King Dome. I also was going to install a Wineguard Travler SK-3005 which he decided he did not want which I have that has never been open. I am going to sell both. I am in Indio Ca. for the next two month and have both with me. If anyone is in this area and need either I can help install or can ship. You can call or email. I have a King Dome LP 9762 and a Wineguard SK 3005 both on my coach which I run through AB switches. I have Directv with 3 HD DVR's hook up to 3 LED TV's. Have a great Day!
Ron

prairieschooner
02-02-2010, 01:35 AM
Ron,
1st I am still happy with our Trac Vision so I don't need any new equipment.
We are in Hemet, just over the Hill from you and I may need a "Field Trip" soon. Where are you staying in Indio? want any visitors?

Ron Skeen
02-02-2010, 02:56 AM
Hi Steve & Tricia,

We are staying in the Motorcoach Country Club on Lot #354. I do have my motorcycle and ATV and ride about 200 miles radius and have been through Hemet on loop 74,79, and I 10. I alway enjoy vistors.