PDA

View Full Version : How about toilet upgrades in a Newell?

Clint Hash
12-29-2005, 12:10 AM
I realize that upgrading a Toilet in a Newell is probably about the same as upgrading one in most makes. My question is what do most Newell owners prefer for a toilet in their Newell? I currently have a three year old Thetford replacement that Camping World talked me into and it is leaking at the base, right after the extended warranty expired. Besides I hate the thing due to its low height.

Thanks,
Clint

Nightingale
01-02-2006, 04:06 AM
Hi Clint!

Here's what I did. Took the Thetford out and threw it away, they don't belong in a newell. I bought and installed a china bowl from SeaLand a Domectic company. If you have room, go with the elongated bowl it is much nicer. The height is much better with the SeaLand.

Good Luck!

Mark

Erika
01-07-2006, 04:46 AM
I agree with Mark. The SeaLand is a good china bowl toilet and the price is good. The quality is very nice.

fulltiming
07-07-2006, 10:09 PM
The SeaLand is a nice china toilet for the money. If you want to use the same toilet that Newell has used since at least the early 1990's, check out the Microphor toilets (http://www.microphor.com/html/rec.html).

Newell Nut
08-15-2006, 08:03 PM
Michael Day has hit it on the nose. Both are quality products. I think if you dry camp more than the Sealand uses less water and would be a great choice but if you only live it up in luxury RV resorts then go with the Microphor. The Microphor does not use much water either, but it does take more water for a conventional designed flushing toilet (about 2 quarts with air assist)