PDA

View Full Version : Newell service

rheavn
03-21-2010, 02:41 PM
I have an app't at Newell service. Whenever I have taken my coaches to a truck or bus shop I have always covered the floors. The only time I didn't have to was when I went to the Country Coach factory--first thing they did was cover the floors. My question is do I need to cover the interior floors from the galley forward when I take it to Newell? The work I am having done is an exterior project.

Thanks in advance................

zcasa
03-21-2010, 06:57 PM
Hey Steve:

We took our Coach in for service at the Newell Factory and they covered all of the floors. You will find that they are meticulous about keeping your Coach in the condition that it was brought in, or even cleaner. We were very satisfied with their diligence in maintaining our home on wheels. I would be shocked if this policy has changed, but if you wanted, you could phone them and be sure.

David

fulltiming
03-22-2010, 03:29 AM
Steve, I have had the same experience as David. Newell was extremely sensitive to maintaining the condition of the coaches they work on.

JohnC
03-23-2010, 11:38 PM
Newell service department policy is to install plastic floor covering if work is scheduled inside your coach. If interior work is not scheduled, but a service tech needs to enter your coach, they will either remove their shoes, or use slip-on 'booties'. If they don't, please ask to see John Clark.

rheavn
04-06-2010, 01:58 AM
Just got back from Newell service for our appointment & felt I should relay my experience while it is fresh in my mind. At 6:30 am they were looking for my coach ready to begin service. I had purchased some struts for my bay doors, but was unable to install without their "special" tool. They had no problem installing my parts. The next tech showed up to work on a water purification system. He took the time to understand what I wanted & when it was done the job was perfect! He knew that the coach was new to me & that I had lots of questions. He said he would help me with any of my questions. We went one by one & he answered every one. Without my knowledge while we worked on exterior issues he had housekeeping cover all the interior floors as I had questions inside the coach. After he had addressed & clearly answered every question I had he began asking me do you know how to work this & that & helped me with a few more things that I hadn't thought of. If any one is fortunate to have Roger work on your coach you can be confident that every thing will be done to your standards & meet your expectations! I also met with John Clark who posted on this thread. Talked for about 45 minutes. He owns a Newell classic. Just a super guy and a very interesting & knowledgeable person to speak with. While I didn't purchase my coach from Newell I left feeling that I had been treated as well as a person who had just purchased their most expensive coach. An added plus came from the other Newell owners I met in the camping area. Russ the Newell owner with a motorcycle who is 87 years young & going strong to Ken who was trading in his Foretravel & come to find out we grew up about 4 blocks apart.

fulltiming
04-06-2010, 03:40 AM
Welcome to the world of Newell service. A big round of thanks to John and Karl and the many Newell service employees who truly make you feel like the most important Newell owner they have.

Glad your experience matched that of most of us who have used Newell Service.