PDA

View Full Version : Hooking up Dish TV to TracStar SV200

rheavn
04-03-2010, 04:16 PM
My coach came with a TracStar SV200 satellite system. It also came with a RCA DSS receiver. I believe this is to receive Direct TV. There is a 9 pin cable marked "low speed data" that goes between the TracStar unit & the RCA receiver. I have always used Dish TV and my Dish receiver does not have a "low speed data" port. I'm hoping some one has already dealt with this issue & there is a work around.

Thanks in advance.........

fulltiming
04-04-2010, 01:23 AM
If you were on DirecTV there is an easy work around with an A-B switch to use the old RCA DSS receiver to point the dish then switch it out of the circuit and run the input directly to your new receiver. I don't know if there is a way to change to a different satellite on the TracStar. If so, you could probably still use the same approach. I have an old Datron system that uses the same RCA DSS receiver with the low speed data port. Both the DSS receiver and my new receiver are DirecTV so I have no problem. I do only use the Datron as a backup system for those times when I am blocked out of a signal on my DataStorm Internet Dish with the DirecTV LNB (bird on wire) mounted over the bedroom of my coach.

Sorry I can't be of more help with the Dish Network issue.

rheavn
04-04-2010, 11:48 AM
I'm willing to try anything. Maybe leaving the DSS receiver there with a switch will work. I'll give it a try. I find it hard to believe TracStar would not recognize any available satellite.

Thanks for the idea worth trying...........

rheavn
04-07-2010, 12:21 AM
Spoke with TracStar. The SV 200 was their first in motion satellite & it was designed around the RCA DSS receiver that I have. The receiver was used to find the satellite and was only able to receive Direct TV. That means an a/b switch will not work unfortunately. They also stated there are no parts left to repair the old(10 yrs old) system. None of their new systems are designed in this manner and all of the newer systems will receive both Direct TV & Dish Network. It appears I will have to start researching a new satellite system.

Hopefully this may help someone with a similar system.............

mjkkemper
09-06-2012, 12:34 AM
Sorry just read your other post. Please delete

express1
09-06-2012, 03:04 AM
Hey Steve, sometimes you just got to heave and go with today!:thumbsup: I'm about to remove that disgusting bat wing, wind trap on the roof in exchange for directional HD off-air antenna. Then I would be cutting wind instead of catching wind.:blushing:

Neweller
09-06-2012, 03:13 AM
Matt, you are starting to sound awful techy!:thumbup:

lbrachfe
09-06-2012, 02:14 PM
Tuga,Do you know if you can use the antenna cable from the bat wing to a wifi booster or cable modem ? That way I can prevent running another line and can attach a wifi booster to the old antenna mount and just cut the worthlees guts off.

express1
09-07-2012, 03:52 AM
Now THATS a plan:thumbsup:

mjkkemper
09-10-2012, 09:58 AM
If any one is chucking a old Tracstar sv200 let me know I am looking for parts

Matt