PDA

View Full Version : "New" 1985 40'

Scubadude
04-06-2010, 11:09 PM
I picked up my "new" 1985 last month in Texas. I drove it back to Nebraska prepared to spend a lot of time fixing things. I have been pleasantly surprised by how well it has held together.
Many years ago my father in law had a very early 70s Newell that I used once. I knew they were pretty solid machine.
I have been doing some lurking and learning some things and hopefully soon I will be able to pass along a little information myself.
I am going to try and make the trip to South Dakota since it is in the neighborhood.

Rick

HoosierDaddy
04-07-2010, 01:48 AM
Welcome Scubadude! Repairing/improving these great coaches is rewarding as well as therapeutic!
(Not to mention actually traveling in it occaisionally)
Dean

chockwald
04-07-2010, 02:19 AM
OK....another classic owner. Our ranks are swelling! Glad to have you on board Scubadude!

encantotom
04-07-2010, 02:31 AM
hi rick,

welcome! hope we can help you in some way and you can join the ranks of helping others as well!

where do you live?

btw, shes a beauty.

tom

Scubadude
04-08-2010, 11:17 AM
I live in Omaha. I am taking it out tomorrow for a long weekend at a state park called Indian Caves. It is in the south east corner of Nebraska. There are some caves with old indian drawings etc.
I am going to replace my expansion tank when I am down there. I had a tractor, loader backhoe toy that I sold so I needed something to dink with.