PDA

View Full Version : Avatars

rheavn
05-05-2010, 01:43 PM
How do I get a photo into being an avatar? Fooled around, but couldn't figure it out. I was able to figure out the posting of an attachment as Tuga had posted the directions. I did a search, but found no previous postings on avatars.

Thanks...............

chockwald
05-05-2010, 01:49 PM
Did you go into "User CP" and then "edit Avatar"? If so, then the trick is to skrink the picture you want to use down so it can be used as an Avatar. I open the picture I'm using in "Paint" (if you are using windows this program is found under "Accessories" found in "Programs" in the start menu. Under "image" you will find "stretch and skew". You can use this feature to shrink the picture down to Avatar size. Once you get it to the size you want, then save it as a .jpg file and then upload it as your Avatar. You'll have to play around with the size in "Paint" a few times to get it right, but that's how I did it.

I'm sure there are easier ways to skin this cat, but that's how I did it.

rheavn
05-05-2010, 02:09 PM
I go to user cp and then edit avatar. It opens a box that says no avatar specified and there is a dotted sentence that says "do not use an avatar". It won't let me get rid of the dot in front of the sentence.

Any ideas????????

encantotom
05-05-2010, 02:48 PM
hi steve,

i did it for you. if you want a different one let me know. for some reason people have not been able to do it so i have done it for some others as well.

happy wednesday

tom

rheavn
05-05-2010, 04:41 PM
Boy you are on the job! Thanks, that one looks great for now.

afrench45
05-06-2010, 02:34 AM
Tom,
could you hook me up please? :)
Thanks, Andrew

encantotom
05-06-2010, 02:40 AM
done

tom

afrench45
05-06-2010, 02:46 AM
Thank You! Ive been trying to figure it out forever and never could!

Ron and Susan
05-06-2010, 03:31 AM
I have been unable to get avatar to work. I have tried firefox and Microsoft explorers..
Unable to uncheck the box and install avatar. This has problem has been
described by serveral other users and avatars may only be accessable by administrators or
people that have registered as users more than 1 year ago.....just a wild guess...

After looking at the source code for the page it appears that it has been commented out
for my user name. See **** below for line of code in question............
This may not be the case as I am weak in HTML progamming code.

<!-- user cp tools menu -->
<div class="vbmenu_popup" id="usercptools_menu" style="display:none" align="left">
<table cellpadding="4" cellspacing="1" border="0">

<tr><td class="thead">Quick Links</td></tr>
<tr><td class="vbmenu_option"><a href="search.php?do=getdaily">Today's Posts</a></td></tr>

<tr><td class="vbmenu_option"><a href="forumdisplay.php?do=markread">Mark Forums Read</a></td></tr>
<tr><td class="vbmenu_option"><a href="#" onclick="window.open('misc.php?do=buddylist&amp;focus=1','buddy list','statusbar=no,menubar=no,toolbar=no,scrollba rs=yes,resizable=yes,width=250,height=300'); return false;">Open Contacts Popup</a></td></tr>

<tr><td class="thead">Networking</td></tr>
<tr><td class="vbmenu_option"><a href="profile.php?do=buddylist">Contacts &amp; Friends</a></td></tr>

<tr><td class="vbmenu_option"><a href="group.php">Social Groups</a></td></tr>

<tr><td class="vbmenu_option"><a href="album.php?u=9203">Pictures &amp; Albums </a></td></tr>

<tr><td class="thead"><a href="usercp.php">User Control Panel</a></td></tr>
<tr><td class="vbmenu_option"><a href="profile.php?do=editsignature">Edit Signature</a></td></tr>

the following line of code with "edit avatar" is green (commented out) Ron Gookin
<!--<tr><td class="vbmenu_option"><a href="profile.php?do=editavatar">Edit Avatar</a></td></tr>-->

<tr><td class="vbmenu_option"><a href="profile.php?do=editprofile">Edit Your Details</a></td></tr>
<tr><td class="vbmenu_option"><a href="profile.php?do=editoptions">Edit Options</a></td></tr>

<tr><td class="thead">Miscellaneous</td></tr>
<tr><td class="vbmenu_option"><a href="private.php" rel="nofollow">Private Messages</a></td></tr>
<tr><td class="vbmenu_option"><a href="subscription.php" rel="nofollow">Subscribed Threads</a></td></tr>
<tr><td class="vbmenu_option"><a href="member.php?u=9203">Your Profile</a></td></tr>
<tr><td class="vbmenu_option"><a href="online.php">Who's Online</a></td></tr>

encantotom
05-06-2010, 04:22 AM
hi ron, send me the picture you want and i will put it up as your avatar. spend your time on your newell and not html code.....ha

tom

chockwald
05-06-2010, 05:16 AM
Hahahahahaha!

Ron and Susan
05-11-2010, 08:09 PM
Tom

Here is a picture taken at Creede to use for avatar..

encantotom
05-11-2010, 08:33 PM
hi ron, see if you like this size. i had to resize it. i can make it smaller if you want.

tom

Ron and Susan
05-12-2010, 12:56 AM
Thanks Tom
Size is great, I left it big because I knew you would fix it...

I added photos to my album today..

chockwald
05-12-2010, 04:22 AM
Tom....can you resize mine up a little? I can't seem to hit the sweet spot. Here's a thumbnail of my avitar..

encantotom
05-12-2010, 05:02 AM
hi clarke, i tried a bunch of croppings and sizes etc. the picture of the bus is just too small. do you have any other pictures i can use?

tom

chockwald
05-12-2010, 11:33 PM
I'll get a better one for you....I'm out of town and didn't take my external hard drive where I keep all my pictures with me.

chockwald
05-16-2010, 01:53 AM
hi clarke, i tried a bunch of croppings and sizes etc. the picture of the bus is just too small. do you have any other pictures i can use?

tom

OK....here is a resized one.....Forest worked on it for me....see if you can work with this one...