PDA

View Full Version : New LCD TV or Computer in the coach?

Neweller
05-30-2010, 07:26 PM
The wife has been hitting me up for a new TV in the coach. And while sitting here behind my computer like a Newell guru, I was thinking about some options. I currently use one of the Dell PS (like an all-in-one type) computer with tuner. It has a good size monitor with a nice clear glass screen. I thought if a person wanted to save some space and didn't mind the expense, he could go with this type of a unit ceiling mounted and use a wireless keyboard and mouse when wanting to use it as a computer.

I'm just raising some other options.

Ken W.

fulltiming
05-30-2010, 10:46 PM
Certainly that could be done Ken. Since you already have the computer, there is no additional expense other than the cost of mounting it. You also have a built in DVD player and most likely a software based DVR all in your computer.

The flip side is that some folks buy a large screen TV and use it as a monitor for their laptop computer. Tom has wired his computer to the TVs so he can use them as monitors for his laptop.

encantotom
05-31-2010, 01:43 AM
i ran a cat5e from the console to the overhead tv. then i used svga video balun's at each end to not have to run a svga cable up the corner window channel, cause it wouldnt fit anyway.

so my 32" lcd tv can be my monitor as well. when i am driving i hook it up and the laptop gps is on it.

tom

Richard and Rhonda
06-01-2010, 03:08 PM
If you pay attention, you will find that Samsung and others make monitors that have the standard TV inputs (HDMI,RGB,Coax) plus they have inputs that will take computer video output.

As Tom said, it's the most flexilbe solution you can install. I have a similar setup up front so that I can use the overhead monitor (32") as a TV display or computer display. I don't put the GPS up there like Tom does, only because it displays the ground speed, and I don't need any help driving. It does come in really handy for projecting your photos from the computer onto a larger screen.

jwe648
06-13-2010, 12:55 AM
Today I fired up new Samsung HD 1080P 22" LCD HCD/Monitor connected to my Flying Saucer HD antenna.... It may be better than my home.....Audio in and working wiring near compleation...

Jimmy

Neweller
06-13-2010, 07:58 PM
Jimmy, it sounds like your getting down to the trimmings, eh? Good deal!:) Your home away from home, I'd say.

Ken

jwe648
06-14-2010, 01:53 AM
Thanks,

I added a photo to my album.. With the antenna setup it should work going down the road...at least around the town.. I got 18 channels in the driveway...

Jimmy, it sounds like your getting down to the trimmings, eh? Good deal!:) Your home away from home, I'd say.

Ken