PDA

View Full Version : May have found my Emblems

jwe648
06-17-2010, 04:22 AM
Found a 72-3 Newell that is being scrapped for the Aluminum ..
It has the two emblems I've been looking for.. The gent said it had a front engine diesel Ford engine??? I told him to save all the little parts someone would probally be interested.. Apparently it runs and the glass is good. Lots of wood (structure) problems... I think the windshield is different ..too bad I need a right... when I find out more I'll post if interest....

prairieschooner
06-17-2010, 03:09 PM
Jimmy,
That is a stroke of Luck or persistence!!

James Tuckness
06-17-2010, 08:31 PM
There is a need for the old parts. I hope some way is found to perserve them for other owners of these old coaches.

James

Neweller
06-18-2010, 09:59 PM
Hey James is right. This guy parting this Newell out may be sitting on much more valuable parts than the aluminum is worth. The scrap guy would be smart to keep all the good parts. And he can even post them in the classifieds. Either that or Jimmy you can buy the stuff cheap and have it around, if you have a place to store it. But, not if it makes mama mad.:unsure:

jwe648
06-19-2010, 05:28 AM
Good thought.. although My place is starting to look like a RV sales lot..
I'll work on the fellow...He's a little hard to communicate with...

Hey James is right. This guy parting this Newell out may be sitting on much more valuable parts than the aluminum is worth. The scrap guy would be smart to keep all the good parts. And he can even post them in the classifieds. Either that or Jimmy you can buy the stuff cheap and have it around, if you have a place to store it. But, not if it makes mama mad.:unsure:

James Tuckness
06-20-2010, 03:07 PM
I would like to obtain a vent cover. Original style is no longer available. It is a two post design that cranks up with the rear side of the cover highter than the front. Also I know of a person that has need of a air vent on the drivers side of the coach. It's the crank out door that located by the drivers feet. I know there are other parts needed by the other owners of 1968 to1973 or so coaches. There was a post of a owner needing some of the gold aluminum trim. It is worth a lot to some one who needs a small piece to complete their trim.

James

jwe648
06-20-2010, 07:11 PM
I spoke to the fellow again about the Scrapping out of the newell. He told me that the parts will not go away now. When he has time he will place an ad on the classified website... He has sold the engine & tranny.. You may want to post sometihing on the classified (wanted) he seems to read that....

Jimmy

I would like to obtain a vent cover. Original style is no longer available. It is a two post design that cranks up with the rear side of the cover highter than the front. Also I know of a person that has need of a air vent on the drivers side of the coach. It's the crank out door that located by the drivers feet. I know there are other parts needed by the other owners of 1968 to1973 or so coaches. There was a post of a owner needing some of the gold aluminum trim. It is worth a lot to some one who needs a small piece to complete their trim.

James

jwe648
06-27-2010, 03:40 AM
Lucky Day.. I received the two Newell Coach emblems cira 1974.. and a bonus Private Coach emblem as well...

Not exactly sure where the rear went.. But, so i picked a spot..

The ole' 74 is no longer "nameless"...

Jimmy

encantotom
06-27-2010, 04:21 AM
hi jimmy, those emblems are awesome.

tom

chockwald
06-27-2010, 04:58 AM
Very cool, Jimmy...they look great!

Bill & Sonja
06-27-2010, 05:41 AM
You are sure doing an outstanding job on that coach! very nice.

prairieschooner
06-27-2010, 03:04 PM
Looking for the proper Newell Script had to be like looking for a needle in a haystack, very cool.