PDA

View Full Version : Said it Before

express1
10-23-2010, 09:00 PM
But just can't get enough. Trippin Again.
Looking for a place in South Florida for winter.
Anybody got rich relatives with location not being used, in say Key West or anywhere within 18 miles? lol!
Just joking but any good ideas would be welcomed.:D
Could be ready in the next few weeks to go.....
Connie said find a place with nearby airport.........:o
I just want to sit and gander with a warm breeze and watch the Saints Games.
Will work for 50amp.:cool:

zcasa
10-23-2010, 11:21 PM
Yo Matt and Connie:

We stayed at Elmars at mile 5 of the Key West Highway. It only has 10 concrete pads, of which 6-10 are Atlantic Ocean Front. Elmar has no other facilities of any kind. Easy bike ride into Duval Street. Lots of RV Parks along the way from 40 miles out and closer. BlueWaterKey resort is quite fancy. Do the www.rvparkreviews.com and you will find quite a few. None are cheap, but some are much better than others. Ernie owns Elmars check it out and give him a call if you like it.

We saw Coach Jimmy Johnson, of Survival Fame, jogging on Highway 1 on the way back.

Check out the sunset at Mallory Square in Key West. Quite a spectacle. Lots of rocks to collect down there too. lol.

David

express1
10-23-2010, 11:47 PM
David, I did the Keys and Bahama stuff back in the fishing daze.......but never paid attention to RV parks....

thanks,
matt

prairieschooner
10-24-2010, 02:45 PM
At around $100.00/Night I would have to keep driving!
Look here; http://www.rvparkreviews.com/regions/Florida/Key_West.html#CGID11158

express1
11-02-2010, 09:26 PM
Found these and can't choose.
Heritage Orange Beach, ala.
Silver Lakes Resort, fla
Lake Osprey, ala.
Has anyone been there?
I would like to stay for 30+days.
Dec.-Jan. or Feb.
Keys are way to tight.......
:confused:

express1
11-13-2010, 12:09 AM
Found these and can't choose.
Heritage Orange Beach, ala.
Silver Lakes Resort, fla
Lake Osprey, ala.
Has anyone been there?
I would like to stay for 30+days.
Dec.-Jan. or Feb.
Keys are way to tight.......
:confused:

We will be staying (coming and going) at HeritageRvOrangebeach.com from Dec.15- Jan.15.
Sure would like to see other Newells.........:thumbsup:
After Jan. 15 going down to Naples.......

tuga
11-13-2010, 01:41 AM
Matt,

I don't know if you have a place in Naples yet, but we stayed at Signature Resorts in Naples last year. It is really nice, and if I remember it was about $80/night. The cool thing about Signature Resorts in Naples is that there is a boat ferry that is operated by the campground. The ferry takes you to the Intracoastal Canal and many restaurants and shops. It is a little different twist on the everyday campground.

If you like sitting in the breeze at Key West you might like this place. It's worth a try!

express1
11-13-2010, 12:51 PM
Thanks Tuga, I did get a special offer from them. Looks like a great spot but is it to New, not very private looking.
Can't wait to get on the road again. Hell, I would even drive someone elses coach:thumbsup:

smagown
11-13-2010, 02:22 PM
Matt:

What are the rates at Heritage?

Thanks,

express1
11-13-2010, 10:42 PM
Sometimes published rates are different. heritagervorangebeach.com
I selected the middle area and hope to upgrade if it looks really good.:thumbsup:

express1
12-15-2010, 11:27 PM
Well, we have arrived....Once again, This Place takes the CAKE!!!
I will have pictures coming soon.

HERITAGE ORANGE BEACH, ALABAMA
1ST CLASS......RV
WITH DOCK.
GOT TO HAVE ONE!!!

folivier
12-16-2010, 12:16 PM
Their website looks really nice. Cindy and I are thinking of going somewhere east for the week after Christmas, we might see you there.

express1
12-16-2010, 01:29 PM
They have a New Years Party for guest, food, drinks, food drinks, and the view is very clean......hope to see you.
pictures coming soon.

prairieschooner
12-16-2010, 02:03 PM
It started to snow here this morning. We will be headed east very soon, or at least far enough east to get to Arizona!

prairieschooner
01-06-2011, 05:01 PM
How is the weather there? Arizona is GREAT!!!

chockwald
01-06-2011, 05:33 PM
Weather here is finally moderating....reaching 60's during the day, and not freezing at night. Still, I don't have a view of the water, and I'm not wearing a short sleeved T-shirt, and I don't have a blue "doggie" bag in my right hand......lol!

express1
01-15-2011, 12:00 AM
Finished in Orange Beach. Great place (Heritage RV) but still winter. Connie and I are now on the move to southern florida to meet with Ron and Jean Skeen. Sure enjoying our way down the west coast of florida. Weather is already warmer........:thumbsup: gone from First Class A Resort to 3rd class Walmart on the first night...lol! Still a safe and wonderful time.....

express1
01-16-2011, 02:40 AM
South west Florida!:o

express1
01-16-2011, 02:54 AM
Thats why its called Orange Beach!

zcasa
01-16-2011, 02:27 PM
Hey Matt: Gorgeous pictures. Thanks for posting those. The 1/15/11 photo looks like Fort DeSoto Regional Park? Enjoy the much warmer SW FLorida. Life is good.

David

chockwald
01-16-2011, 02:37 PM
Wow, Matt....those are great pictures! Looking forward to exploring Florida in the near future. Keep sending us updates.

tuga
01-16-2011, 05:59 PM
Hey Russo,

If you keep posting pictures like that I may decide not to sell.

express1
01-16-2011, 07:29 PM
Tuga, wish you and Karen were here with us..... Very retro campgrounds....
Ft. DeSoto. They just started cutting trees to allow big rigs to fit....

express1
01-16-2011, 07:32 PM
Yes it is David. I would never have stayed here if not for Ron Skeen. He has traveled here since the early 70s.

zcasa
01-17-2011, 02:22 PM
Nice, Matt. We stayed there for two weeks last February. Rented Kayaks, rode bikes, etc. etc. etc. What a great place. In 2006 it was proclaimed the "Best Beach in the United States". We were able to snag a spot on the water. Large lots and very quiet and convenient, with no pet areas. With our large tanks, the no sewer connection at the spots was no problem. For those of us that do not live in Pinellas County, we are allowed to make reservations six months in advance. Well worth it. Enjoy.

express1
01-27-2011, 01:29 AM
:thumbsup:Hey! Whats Up! It sure have been very quiet in here....

I've been under the weather for a few days, but getting better...
We, Connie and I along with Ron and Jean Skeen are now at RiverBend,
La Belle, Fl. This is probably the most active Resort East of the Mississippi.
One ride around the resort and I counted 17 prevost 5 newells including our 2, more than 25 Country Coaches and about 25 American Eagles, 1 Bluebird, and maybe 30+ other brands....

Lots to do here at the park which is very clean and well done. However one must drive either west to Ft. Myers or East to Palm Beach for something else to do.....
We will be here until Friday then moving on to Naples for a couple of weeks.

We, Ron and I also signed up for the FMCA Rally in Perry, Ga. coming up in a month or so..... Anyone else headed that way?
This is my first FMCA Rally....I've been told they are BIG>

Richard and Rhonda
01-27-2011, 11:13 PM
Well Matt,

Here is what I know. Snow is white. Snow is cold. Snow is slick. Newell not like snow. Snow has to be shoveled. Melted snow turns to ice overnight. Ice is slick. Salt is yucky.

What else you you want to chat about?

I am dying to get out on a trip. Dying.

express1
01-27-2011, 11:21 PM
Thanks for reply,,,, thought everyone was ignoring me....... What a wonderful winter I've had.......so far. It should only get better.....

Wally Arntzen
01-28-2011, 02:32 PM
Just got back from a 4 day dry camp run to Quartsite, AZ with the thousands of other coaches out in the desert. I was a little chilly in the desert and quite windy compared to other years. The Newell is a great coach for dry camping and had sufficient water and waste capacity for the two of us for the four days.

express1
01-29-2011, 01:56 AM
This is a true story!
Ron and I , both owning 96 newells have been traveling south florida for a few weeks together. Often exchanging ideas and comments of each others ride. With a short ride from Riverbend Resort to Signature Resort we traded coaches. Ron was about a mile or so ahead me on I75 going about 65-70mph when he phoned. The conversation was about how each handled and felt..... Ron said I had left my merge switch on. Again we both own 96 models but my coach has the 97 version dash, which is totally different....My reply was turn it off.......

anyone guess where this is going?

He hit the curb side DUMP!!!:thumbsup:

Cars between he and I were scattering in all directions!!

This is very funny now! But a pretty wild sight at the time.....
Good thing Connie was driving our tow and had left an hour ahead of us....

Got DNA?

"If you are going to hit the button, be in the Front"

Just another great day on the road.....

Richard and Rhonda
01-30-2011, 11:30 AM
That is hilarious. It was worth a good belly laugh this morn. Thanks for sharing.

Wally Arntzen
01-30-2011, 02:54 PM
I accidently tripped the valve for the dump in my driveway when I first got my coach and dumped a full tank on my shoes and legs. After cleaning the mess I installed a shut off on the air line right next to the dump valve and leave in the off position so I cannot acitivate it from the dash or the compartment without turning on the air shut off.

express1
01-30-2011, 04:11 PM
Wally, that takes all the fun out of it! Every now and then you need a little excitement!!! And clean fun!!!

Think I might look for that air line!

MiniNancy
01-30-2011, 06:33 PM
We all enjoyed the story! My husband and I and our middle son drove to Ocala this morning to the RV show and I read the story to them...hysterical!! :laugh:

express1
01-31-2011, 07:33 PM
This might be the first bad review I've given.....The Signature Resort in Naples has the best first impression you could ask for......Big Gate, Tall Palm Trees, New Club House entrance......However after entering the resort it becomes very sparce of landscape and very small lots....with 0 ,zip, nada, none VIEW.......I am booked for 2 weeks with no refund for early departure......wonder why?

BUT WE ARE IN NAPLES, FL........78 WITH LIGHT WINDS....NICE NEIGHBORS .:thumbsup:

express1
02-20-2011, 01:10 PM
We have moved on to a place call
Aztec in Margate, Fl....500 plus sites....All pavers and nice features, however nobody speaks english.... This is a 45 million dollar investment by a group of canadians....French.......We had not met anyone in 5 days of stay.....We left without saying good-by........

We are now at Outdoor resort Port St. Lucie. Pretty nice and we met no less than 8 others traveling just like us.....
I've played 12 rounds of golf in 9 days....

Let the good time continue.....

Ron Skeen is still caravanning with us....
Currently 75-80 during day and 60's at night....
Anyone else nearby?:thumbsup:

express1
03-10-2011, 12:35 PM
We are still trippin now since early Dec. Now staying at Disney?????
Moving soon to Perry, Ga. for the fmca rally.

One short story.
My buddy, Ron Cannon whom I traveled with several years in his Travel Supreme. Had taken Connies travel spot when she returned home for music issues. We went to the Miami boat show, Steve you know the size of this show, (miles and miles) after looking at multi-million dollar boats. My buddy buys what?

Newell coach 796!
1 look!
1 ride!
1 check!
This has to be the most custom coach I've ever seen...:o
Cat 625, 12 speed, Steam shower, king bed splits to two twins, and its 47ft.

Guess he got tired of sleeping on my sofa.......lol!

Thank you Newell!

express1
03-11-2011, 01:48 AM
and a couple of other things!!!!

chockwald
03-11-2011, 03:29 AM
Man, oh man! 47 feet long! Come to think of it.....it only took us one look, one coach.....put of some pix of the interior...we'd love to see them.

bluesky
03-12-2011, 12:02 AM
dito, that's a beautiful butt, now I'd like to see the rest of her body and, perhaps, her inner side.

prairieschooner
03-12-2011, 12:27 AM
personally I think that 38' is enough but.............................

express1
03-13-2011, 05:43 PM
RV Online..... the 47' newell marked SOLD!
has interior pictures.....

prairieschooner
03-14-2011, 01:47 AM
47' must have more rrom inside than our Cabin!