PDA

View Full Version : Brake Lights

prairieschooner
10-28-2010, 04:08 PM
Does anyone need help with the Brake Light Wiring on their Classics?
My problem was with the Hazard/Turn Switch Wiring. Newell had a replacement part and it was a simple installation.

AW Smith
01-11-2011, 04:13 AM
I'm interested in the problems you were having?? What was the issue?? I have had issues with my flasher..

Thanks

AWS

Ron and Susan
01-11-2011, 06:26 AM
I had problems with my rear turn signals and had to replace the relays that were located in the panel on the right rear side of the coach.

Then when I replaced the rear turn signals and the front turn signals with LEDs then
the flasher module would no longer work because of the reduced current drawn by the
front amber turn signals. The current used by the rear led turn signals had no effect on this problem because they were operated using the relays in the panel on the rear of the coach.

I replaced the turn signal flasher module with a module that had an extra ground wire and the problem was solved with the operation of the module. My coach is 1988 and should
be wired similarily to yours..

AW Smith
01-11-2011, 08:18 PM
Sounds like we have had the same problems with LED lights. I changed out the rear to LED looks great it all works, however, when I changed the front to LED the coach wiring did not have enough resistance to make it all work. I talked to some of my hot rod buddies they suggested a electronic flasher, but it did not work... I tried another flasher still worked but made noise all the time, so I dont know... I had to go back with the old style front signal lights, until I come up with a solution. Does this sound like the same problem, if so, what flasher did you get to make it all work??? Napa one no go....for me... Did you say Newell had a part #???

Ron and Susan
01-11-2011, 11:26 PM
I installed an electronic led flasher part number EF32RL.

The module was the same shape and size as the old flasher with
2 terminals.

I had to connect a new ground wire that came out of the
top of the module to 12 volt ground. Price was about $10 plus shipping.

I cannot remembor the site where I got the module but If you google the part number you
will find multiple sources.

prairieschooner
01-12-2011, 12:50 AM
My problems were with the Brake Lights. The Flasher Circuit interrupts the Brake Light Circuit. If you are having problems with the Turn/Emergency Flasher Circuit then this is a different problem.
I agree with the above posts that a new Relay may solve that type of problem.