PDA

View Full Version : Dana Cruise Control

prairieschooner
11-04-2010, 03:20 AM
OK So we still have a Williams Dana Cruise Control on our '82. I had it working earlier but it quit recently. I wanted to share the repair.
I pulled the Card and cleaned it with some Electrical Cleaner (I think that it was CRC). I then took a new and soft eraser and cleaned the connections where it plugs in. I then replaced the Fuse Holder with a new fuse. These repairs lasted about a year and a half until it quit working again.
After a recent complete inspection I found that the Magnet had come off of the Transmission just before where the Drive Shaft is connected and under where the Sensor would pick up the Signal. I found the proper Magnets at a local Hardware Store for $1.00 and used some JB Weld to epoxy it on. It works great!!!
The latest repair cost a little under $5.00.

chockwald
11-04-2010, 03:05 PM
Very cool Steve.....you are the man! Those Dana's aren't being made anymore are they?

prairieschooner
11-05-2010, 01:16 PM
I believe that they were originally made by Williams and that company is no more.
I just wanted to share how I got ours working in case someone out there can use the information.
Using an eraser to clean the contacts is left over from cleaning track for my Lionel Trains. By now the old Fuse Holder is most likely in poor condition and could be an easy fix.
I don't have any spare parts so if someone replaces their Dana with a newer cruise control, I'll take the old parts!