PDA

View Full Version : Any ideas on how to remove spots on outside of windows??

Summersgal
11-07-2010, 10:58 PM
On our 96 we have spots on the outside of each window. I have tried soap/water, windex and this afternoon I tried vinegar/water. Does anyone have any ideas on what will remove the spots?

Any suggestions will greatly be appreciated, cause I have ran out of ideas to try!!

Thanks
Pam

folivier
11-07-2010, 11:06 PM
Maybe Bonami or Barkeepers Friend? These are very mildly abrasive cleaners. I've used them for cleaning and polishing my Corian countertops so I don't think they would scratch glass.

photoadjuster
11-07-2010, 11:12 PM
Bar Keeper's Friend. Available at any grocery store for about $ 2.25 is the best choice. Do not get dry powder on the glass. Make a paste with BKF and distilled water. Use cloth rag to apply like you would use a rubbing compound. Let dry and buff of. Saw this on the Hot Rod TV show about 10 years ago. I have used it ever since. I always test a spot first and then use a flashlight to look for scratches. I have read that some glass is softer, but I have never scratch one yet.

Summersgal
11-07-2010, 11:36 PM
Forrest

Thanks...My Corian could use a good polishing also. I will get some tomorrow and try it!

Thanks again
Pam

Summersgal
11-07-2010, 11:38 PM
Photoadjuster

Buying some BKF tomorrow!! I will try it.

Thanks again!
Pam

Summersgal
11-09-2010, 07:21 PM
Update on my issue...The BKF didn't work. We are thinking that all the spots might be between the 2 pieces of glass on each window. :-(

davidmbrady
11-09-2010, 07:24 PM
Peninsula Glass recommends A-MAZ Water Stain Remover. You can buff it on with a Porter Cable 7424 orbital buffer with a white pad. Mask the aluminum frame so you don't remove the anodizing.

David Brady
'02 Wanderlodge, LXi

Summersgal
11-09-2010, 09:09 PM
David,

Thank you. I will check locally and see if anyone has it. If not, I will check online and see what I can find.

Thanks again for your input

Pam

Mikeh
11-10-2010, 04:00 AM
go to autogeek.net. They sell a product that will remove the spots on your windows. It will require a orbital buffer. It is the only thing that I have found that will work. It is an abrasive material that will require masking also.