PDA

View Full Version : I am retiring from RVing

tuga
11-28-2010, 01:58 PM
After careful thought and consideration, Karen and I have decided to quit RVing. We listed the coach for sale with Ken Robertson' Luxury Coach Brokers in Tampa, FL. We have had 19 wonderful years of meeting great friends and traveling from Key West to Alaska and San Diego to Atlantic City.

I will continue posting and enjoying this forum and the people on it. Hope that we can be of any assistance to our Newellie friends.

We will continue to travel by car (Karen is afraid to fly) and look forward to seeing more of this great country of ours.

rheavn
11-28-2010, 02:44 PM
Glad to hear that you will continue to follow the forum as you have been a big help to me & others. Suzy & I feel like you are a friend & "we'll keep the light on" in our guest quarters for you. God bless you in your new adventures.

Thanks again.......................

express1
11-28-2010, 03:50 PM
SAY IT AIN'T SO!:o

tuga
11-28-2010, 07:30 PM
Steve,

Thanks for the offer, we may take you up on that. Please call me with any questions, I would love to talk Newells.

Matt,

Sorry to say it is true! However, we will still read on the forum and maybe go to some rallies (if they have a "shed" for us to stay in). Remember the "shed" in Austin!

Could you re-glue that door handle on my entrance door? The handle came off again.

Richard and Rhonda
11-28-2010, 09:53 PM
Tuga,

I know you and Louise thought long and hard about this, and I wish you the best in the next chapter. I will always cherish your friendship, coach or not.

If you head this way in the fall for leaf peeping, let me know, we have plenty of room.

chockwald
11-28-2010, 11:16 PM
I'm with Matt.......say it ain't so!

tuga
11-29-2010, 02:28 AM
Richard,

Thanks for the offer; I will take you up on it if we come that way. I really enjoyed being with you and Rhonda when we worked on the Aqua Hot in Ft. Worth.

tuga
11-29-2010, 02:33 AM
Clark,

It's true; we just feel that it is time for a little vacation from the expenses and depreciation.

I will always look back on those posts where you are singing while driving your Newell down the highway. I remember how exciting I used to be when I had my first Newell. After 19 years the excitement has waned, and I am really tired paying the bills! So we are going to take a little break and travel by Honda Pilot for a few years.

chockwald
11-29-2010, 02:46 PM
Well, next Fall we will be retired, and will be heading south for the winter. We will be sure to stop in and visit with you.

zcasa
11-29-2010, 03:55 PM
This lifestyle is wonderful. We had our Newell for 5 years and did the four corners of the continental USA. We had many great experiences as Tuga has mentioned. We were no different than the typical investor, as we bought high and sold low. The economy of the past few years hasn't helped the RV formula. Tuga mentioned in a previous post that Coaches are selling at up to a 40% discount to depreciated value. Ouch. However, what an amazing time to purchase a Coach. Tuga's Coach will make someone very very happy. All of us simply make the investment necessary to add one of our life's pleasures to our experiences, while we can. Priceless. I'm reminded of an etching on the back of a Coach that we passed on the highway. It simply said:

"You may as well travel first class, or your children will"

Carpe Diem.

David

tuga
11-29-2010, 05:46 PM
Well, next Fall we will be retired, and will be heading south for the winter. We will be sure to stop in and visit with you.

Clark,

We would love to have you and Elaine stop by and visit with us. And that goes for all of our Newellie friends.

David,

We also have surely enjoyed the years in the Newell. Those trips were priceless. Fortuneately, we have pictures and souveniers to remind us of the good times.

We do however plan to continue traveling; it will just be in a Honda Pilot and not a Newell.

smagown
11-29-2010, 07:10 PM
Tuga:

I really enjoyed meeting you and Louise in Austin and reading all the posts here on the forum. I'm outside West Monroe one mile north of I-20 on 8 acres. If ya'll are passing thru you can stay in my Newell to remind you of that "depreciating feeling". I've got 50amp service and full hookup if anyone is traveling by.

Take care my friend.

prairieschooner
11-29-2010, 09:07 PM
50 Amp Service I'm there!
Sorry to hear that you will no longer be with a NEWELL but all of our plans change with time. Good luck on your future adventures, I am sure that you will be making the most of it.

Neweller
12-05-2010, 02:23 PM
We all Salute you two! Thank You, for your valued support here and in the world of Newell's.

Hint, If you had another year of Newelling, you would have a full twenty in. ;) We'll just have to consider you in the Newell reserves.:thumbsup:

NC Platoon

tuga
12-06-2010, 01:35 AM
Steve, Steve & Marcia, and NCadmin,

Thanks for all the kind words Steve, we enjoyed meeting you also. We will still be traveling only by car; so if we are in the Monroe area we will try to stop by.
Louise does not like to fly so it looks like we will be cruising in the Honda Pilot.

We will still be on the forum, and maybe even attend some mini rallies - just staying in the cabins (or as Matt Russo and I call them "sheds") in the CG. Again, thanks for the sentiment - we had a great ride in the best coach on the road for 19 years!