PDA

View Full Version : Why such price differences?

The Capt
11-07-2006, 12:07 AM
The DW and I are currently near Miami, OK looking at pre-owned Newells and have a concern as to why Newell asks more than the average seller of the same year. I realize that they give these coaches a thorough going over but most sellers seem to have their units serviced by either Newell or a reputable service facility also. In some cases Newell is asking close to $100K over what private sellers are asking for same year with similar equipment. I am interested in a coach on their lot but am not willing to pay the money they are asking.

http://www.smiliegenerator.de/s29/smilies-27190.png

fulltiming
11-07-2006, 04:07 PM
The features and condition of various units makes it somewhat difficult to make a close comparison but I suspect that several things are at play. While I have no special insight, I will offer several potential areas.

Newell provides a 2year/24,000 mile warranty on their preowned units up to 8 model years old that individuals don't. Newell goes through each preowned unit very carefully to insure that it is excellent condition and corrects items in need of attention. Thirdly, Newell has more overhead associated with keeping and maintaining preowned units than does an individual owner. (You have to be impressed with the way Newell presents their preowned units, climate control turned on, kept virtually spotless. Much nicer than most other companies.) Fourth, Newell MAY(?) offer owners a higher trade-in allowance on their new coaches than they would get otherwise thereby having a higher basis in the coach. It is not uncommon for dealers pricing on preowned units to be higher than owner listed coaches, however, you can tell by looking at the ads on this site than owners expectation of value vary greatly.

The individuals I have talked to that have purchased preowned Newells from the factory have been extremely pleased with their purchases and felt that they received value for their dollars spent.