PDA

View Full Version : Seat Belts

bluesky
12-02-2010, 08:55 PM
The '83 coach we purchased last week in Holland MI doesn't have seat belts, including the driver and passenger seats.

We live in British Columbia, Canada where seat belts are mandatory.

Does anyone know if I need to have belts installed (lap and shoulder or just lap) prior to importing to BC?

jwe648
12-03-2010, 01:04 AM
My coach also didn't have belts.. I did a bit of research and U need M.
Not sure you would get push-back until you have a inspection.. So I put them on the drivers seat.. This is one place too find them..
http://www.discountvantruck.com/rvseatbelts/rv2ptretractableseatbelts.htm

They were ez to install.. you will also need the brackets when u figure out how u want to install them..

Jimmy

prairieschooner
12-04-2010, 02:53 PM
Hey Jimmy, I love the looks of your old coach but... I think that the Avatar of it should belong to the new owner.
Sorry, but maybe you could use something like this until you pull the trigger;

P.S. I would put them on for my Bride first! she doesn't have a steering wheel to help keep her from going trough the windshield

jwe648
12-04-2010, 11:28 PM
Probally right except she wouldn't wear the belt anyway.. I did ask..
I suspect the new owner is lurking about.. maybe he'll come out and claim his right..

I suppose I could put a photo of the fifth wheel.. or maybe the dog...:laugh:

How's That!!

Jimmy

Hey Jimmy, I love the looks of your old coach but... I think that the Avatar of it should belong to the new owner.
Sorry, but maybe you could use something like this until you pull the trigger;

P.S. I would put them on for my Bride first! she doesn't have a steering wheel to help keep her from going trough the windshield

prairieschooner
12-05-2010, 01:29 AM
perfect and I think those are the best ones.

let's not minimize the need for the passenger to wear the belt though. Larry B. told me a horror story and now I make sure that Tricia puts her's on. We look long and hard for a woman to put up with our s#!t, we don't want to loose then through the windshield.