PDA

View Full Version : Merry Christmas from Israel

encantotom
12-24-2010, 05:57 AM
hi newell friends, old and new.

as some of you know, we have been living in herzliya israel since the middle of october on a work assignment for me. we have really enjoyed ourselves and have been able to see many things. yesterday we spent the day in old city jerusalem in the jewish quarter. late evening i had pre-reserved tickets to go on a tour of the tunnels underneath the western wall. it was so awesome. we have seen just about all the sites and some 2-3 times. we flew our adult daughter out for a few weeks and she loved it. we just had our two younger college kids arrive this week and we are showing them. today (christmas eve day) we are driving up north to tiberias/galilee to spend the day, go to a pot luck christmas eve dinner with some new friends and then stay in a kibbutz hotel on the sea on galilee. darlene made her christmas cinamon rolls yesterday we have every christmas eve and heather brought over a 6" high christmas tree that lights up via a USB connection on a laptop so we are all ready for christmas. most of all we are ready because we have some of our family here and we are in close touch with the others. it is the first christmas we have been apart since our kids were born.

the holy lands are fantastic and we love it here and have made alot of friends. it has made us realize we dont need all our "stuff" to be happy and maybe that is what you full timers have learned in some other way.

the driving is crazy here, but no damage to the rental car yet.

merry christmas

tom and darlene

folivier
12-24-2010, 12:33 PM
What a fantastic place to be for Christmas.
Yes, family is what is important. The "stuff" is just baggage.
Merry Christmas and enjoy such a great opportunity.
Forest & Cindy

chockwald
12-24-2010, 01:25 PM
Tom and Darlene......Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from the Hockwald's in damp, damp Southern California....

smagown
12-24-2010, 04:32 PM
Merry Christmas, Tom & Darlene and the kids.
Tom, you need to make some root beer for your
new friends.

RussWhite
12-24-2010, 11:56 PM
Tom, thought you were to be home by now, but sounds like you are having too much fun to hurry back. Hope your holidays are healthy and happy. Russ and Cynthia

Summersgal
12-25-2010, 01:28 PM
Merry Christmas to all our Newell friends! May you all have a wonderful holiday and a safe New year where ever you may be.

Pam and Jeff

Wally Arntzen
12-25-2010, 03:10 PM
Tom and Darlene, have a merry Christmas and safe and happy new year. We are home in Minnesota for the Christmas holiday with the family and the snow keeps coming down with no end in sight. Can't wait to get back to Arizona on the 30th of this month.
We will see you sometime after your back.

Wally & Phyllis

RFeldes
12-27-2010, 01:33 AM
Hello Tom and Darlene, I have been following this site for a while and have yet to speak up as I am still in a turmoil as to a Newell or attaching a vintage Airstream to my tow ready 47 Gmc but became concerned about you guys as I think Egypt was on your itinerary and heard about the tragic accident in Egypt concerning American tourists and I immediately thought about you guys. Happy to hear you are safe and sad to hear about that accident in Egypt. God Bless you in the Holy Land and a happy and safe New Year!! Another Engineer and Coon Ass and cook... lol
Ralph

encantotom
12-27-2010, 01:28 PM
hi Ralph, welcome and thanks. we spent christmas eve and day in tiberias on the sea of galilee. it was really nice and the most unique christmas we have spent. our two college age kids arrived here to be with us over the holidays and that is great. this next weekend we are going into egypt and then on to petra then back home to israel. funny how a place can become home....

then we leave for 2 weeks in egypt on the 7th. darlene has whopped up a grand tour of everything she wanted to see in egypt. the only thing was on my list was the light show at night at karnak.

thanks for all of your concerns. the biggest concern so far has been the israeli drivers..

tom

RFeldes
12-27-2010, 11:26 PM
You Guys are so lucky to be there at this time of the year.....WoW..Wishing you guys a safe and fun filled New Year celebration. Travel On !!!