PDA

View Full Version : How to best repair hail damage

champcar50
03-25-2011, 12:08 AM
We live in Anderson Indiana and last night we had a pretty severe thunderstorm with quarter size hail. When I checked the Newell this evening it has lots of little dents on the top. What is the best way to repair these. I contacted the insurance company tonight and expect an adjuster in the next few days. Any advice? Thanks Jack

rheavn
03-25-2011, 12:29 AM
Jack,
Sorry to hear about the hail damage. I had a car get hail damage last year. I was told they could either "pop the dents out" or replace the roof. Cost was about the same. In my case they replaced the roof, but on a motorhome I'll bet they will try to "pop them out" and repaint. On a car the roof is easily visible. On a motorhome the roof is not visible----I would try to get them to "pop them out".

Good luck..........................

Marc & Lisa Hobbie
03-26-2011, 01:42 PM
Jims Truck&Trailer coach werks in winona mn. is working on my 93 now. This shop does the best work i could find anywhere. They also were a great help dealing with my insurance that was giving me the old run around. They also have free pickup & delivery service. Give jim or tammy a call. 507-452-1294

jwe648
03-29-2011, 04:01 AM
This may or may not work for you but worth a try..
See attached link http://www.ehow.com/how_4793357_dry-ice-repair-hail-damage.html

Hope this helps.....

Hardtrigger
09-29-2011, 10:19 PM
Growing up in South Dakota hail was an issue we all had to deal with just about every year. Dry Ice was used quite a bit and you would be amazed how well it worked. Hope it works out for you, Robert