PDA

View Full Version : Warning Buzzer

RussWhite
04-22-2011, 03:01 AM
My previous non-Newell coach had a warning buzzer which had among its functions, a reminder whenever system air pressure was too low. This function was recently mentioned in a pre-trip cheklist on the Prevost Owner's forum. The main advantage of a buzzer, as I see it, would be to draw immediate attention to a loss of braking air pressure once your trip is underway. This might allow one a little extra time to get to a safe stop before the parking bake comes on automatially at about 45 psi remaining.

A check with a couple Newell buddies indicates they don't seem to have a functioning buzzer either. So I throw this open to the group - is there a buzzer that is not working, or is there no buzzer at all?

I do have a "low air" dash lamp that illuminates at about 70 psi remaining.
Thanks Russ

chockwald
04-22-2011, 04:55 AM
I have no buzzer, just a BIG red light that comes on. So far it has only come on when the coach has been sitting for several weeks when I first start up the Newell, but never while in motion. I do pay attention to the gauges, however, especially the water temperature gauge, so, hopefully, I will see the light if it comes on.

express1
04-23-2011, 01:31 AM
Buzz on Here! Yes , I do have low air buzzer... Noticed once when I had air tanks drained. I think?

prairieschooner
04-23-2011, 02:30 AM
that makes sense now, I though that I heard buzzing from you when we were in Crede, just saying.

Richard and Rhonda
04-23-2011, 12:56 PM
Russ, I don't have a buzzer, just the light. But you know it would be no problem to wire a buzzer in with the light if you want an audible alarm.

RussWhite
04-23-2011, 02:06 PM
Well, the votes are piling up for "no buzzer" on my bus. So adding one in parallel with the itty bitty "low air" light goes on the project list.
Thanks everyone! Russ