PDA

View Full Version : 96 newell on ebay

dwatts
05-09-2011, 06:47 PM
spent a couple hours with this unit last october. they had just replaced the engine waterpump. did not hear it run as batteries were dead, but the engine had been running that morning, still warm. shore power line was cut off at bulkdead.generator looked good, low hours,did not hear it run either.wires cut every where.a/c units, inverter,and the electric jack under bed.all tv and stereo wires cut . there were no climbers on the outside like my 83 has so i used a ladder to look at the roof. don't know what a good roof on a 96 is supposed to look like. looked like new skin on the back half. water damage under front window and sub floor hooved up under carpet in front of couch. nice couch.was more of a project than I wanted for the money outide looked good, previous owner was paint and body man,according to his brother in law. new tires. i love how the salesman says .probably a easy fix. ha ha.

Neweller
05-10-2011, 12:11 AM
dwatts, thanks for the info you have provided. I know there have been a lot of folks looking at that coach.

encantotom
05-10-2011, 02:33 PM
i talked several times to the young man who is currently selling it. he said he was the original owners nephew and that his uncle used it when he went to race tracks to race in florida. local stock cars or something. the pictures i saw that he sent separately showed alot of things that were concerning. he said it had been setting for a long time as part of an estate settlement.

i believe it would be a lot of work potentially. the engine is painted black. not that someone couldnt have painted it black instead of blue.

tom

prairieschooner
05-10-2011, 10:12 PM
Tom,
besides, Darlene may have a fit since yours is so together now.

prairieschooner
05-11-2011, 11:25 PM
Hey guys, I just got a PM from Paul. Looks like the '96 may require allot of attention if anyone wanted to look at the '96 maybe you should contact him first and save some time;
hotrodhornet (http://www.newellclassic.com/forum/member.php?u=18221)

PS We are happy with our '82 38' Classic and would not trade up to anything less than a straight across trade for a 2007 or better! (and even then they would have to throw in the liquor)

Ron Skeen
05-12-2011, 12:21 AM
Could not contact Paul, but would like to know what is known about the coach. I have a 96 and might be interested in another project because I have done about all I can do with my coach. Thanks for your help.
Ron

prairieschooner
05-12-2011, 02:52 AM
OK Guys, Paul just gave me permission to copy and paste his message, PM me and I can forward his brother's phone number (I choose to not include it in this post), Ron I forwarded his number in a PM;

Hi, my name is Paul Schneider and i have some more information on the 96 Newell on e-bay that i would like to relay.
I just registered today and the forum will not let me post yet.
My brother and i are both Newell owners, I have a 1981 classic and he has a 1982 classic.
He was looking into upgrading and made the trip to look at the 96.
The coach is in such terrible shape he wanted me to let other people know so that they will not make the same mistake or possibly bid without looking.
He drove a 1000 mi. to look at it.
The bus has had a major electrical fire in the compartment by the water tank. He described it to me looking like charcoal.
It has a 3 ft diameter soft spot in the floor behind the driver that feels like you are going to fall through. Wires are cut from the front to the back of the coach, no ACs work, Mileage is highly Questionable. Wheels do not match.
Water damage in front passenger seat area. Major air leak. my brothers# is_________ if you would like to talk to him. Thanks, Paul

prairieschooner
05-12-2011, 03:01 AM
hotrodhornet, (http://www.newellclassic.com/forum/member.php?u=18221)
Welcome to the forum. I am sure that we all will be able to benefit from your participation.
So how about the Hornet?