PDA

View Full Version : Water/Wastewater Bay Brushed Aluminum

prestadude
06-05-2011, 05:40 PM
I am rehabing my water/wastewater bay. There are large, decorative metal panels that are brushed aluminum. To clean those up I have experimented using a metal polish (Noxon brand, a thick liquid) followed by Pledge as a sealant (I read about Pledge for brushed aluminum on another site). This method brightens up the brushed metal surface and the Pledge does not leave a wax residue that would be difficult to buff out of the brushed surface. I am wondering how long the Pledge will protect the surface. Maybe I should use something else. Alcoa has a sealant to use on their rims after polishing. Maybe that would be better. Anyone else have experience with this issue?

leskorcala@hotmail.com
05-24-2012, 05:36 AM
I just used Mother's aluminum polish paste and it worked very well for me on the water waste /fuel tank area ! actually it worked better than on the Aloca wheels ! The wheels are way harder to get polish out! i used several polished and power wheel ( sponge ) and just not getting that new look!

Will try Pledge ( I like thsi product )

HoosierDaddy
05-24-2012, 01:33 PM
When you polish wheels the paste residue is difficult to remove. An old trucker gave me a solution. After you have wiped the polish off there will still be residue in the small imperfections in the aluminum. Just apply baking flour to the surface and wipe with a CLEAN rag. I made an oversize "salt shaker" to apply the flour. Additionally you could apply flour to the rag and wipe over the surface. Finish with plain 'ol window cleaner.