maxx repp
06-10-2011, 01:26 AM
this is great
happy to be the owner of a 1980 Newell
has the Detroit Diesel with the Allison Trnsmission
me and the wife are busy bringing her back to her glory
not a lot of work to be done .. but upgrading electronics
TVs stereos etc
want to keep it as old school as we can ... every thing still seems to work just fine down to the solar powered exhaust fan installed in 1990 .. We live in Washington state and according to records and the documentation this Newell was first owned in St Joseph, MO
have most of the documentation but there are still some switches and things I have no clue about ...
but thats part of owning a beauty like this
just glad to be part of this group

maxx repp

prairieschooner
06-10-2011, 01:30 AM
Welcome. We have an '82 and if i can be of help just ask. We have been repairing and replacing for the last few years. This forum should be invaluable to you as time goes by.
Post some pictures when you get a chance.

encantotom
06-10-2011, 03:06 AM
hi maxx,

welcome to the gang. we look forward to getting to know you and your coach.

tom

chockwald
06-10-2011, 01:28 PM
Like Prairieschooner, I also own a 1982 Newell. I agree with your desire to keep her as "old school" as possible. I call it "low tech". Hope you'll take time to post some pictures of your baby soon. Welcome to our family, and the beginning of a wonderful journey.

Neweller
06-10-2011, 02:22 PM
maxx repp, welcome to greatest place on earth to learn about your classic. Glad you joined us and hope you will share many details of your beloved beauty. I have owned a '76, '78 and recently partnered on an '86 that needed a new home. So ask away and we will do our best to help.

Ken

The Newell
06-12-2012, 08:28 AM
Welcome to the most informative site on the web. I have a '76 and will be glad to help anywhere I can as well.