PDA

View Full Version : Newell Offering ‘StabilRide’ on 2012 Coaches

fulltiming
06-16-2011, 05:32 PM
RV Business Magazine has an article on Newell's new StabilRide system.

http://www.rvbusiness.com/2011/06/newell-featuring-stabilride-on-2012-coaches/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+RvBusiness+%28RV+Business%29

Below are some quotes from the article.

“StabilRide is a key reason ‘Car and Driver’ magazine (July 2012) recently said the ride in a Newell ‘approaches Lexus-like perfection,’” said Newell president, Karl Blade.

Newell said that StabilRide is a state-of-the-art, computer-controlled active-suspension system that automatically adjusts the suspension firmness or softness at each of the six wheel positions every ten milliseconds.

The adjustments all happen automatically and almost instantaneously. The company said that they are also unnoticeable, except that the coach rides more comfortably, has much less “lean” in corners, and “porposing” action following dips in the road is eliminated. Excessive body movements are also eliminated.

Newell developed StabilRide in partnership with ZF, a world-leading motor vehicle component engineering and manufacturing company. Active suspension has been introduced on selected premium and high-performance passenger cars over the last two decades and has become increasingly popular on these vehicles. However, Newell is the only motorcoach manufactured in North American to feature an active- suspension system.Great to see Newell staying ahead of the pack. Congratulations to Karl, Boyd and all of the other farsighted individuals at Newell.

tuga
06-17-2011, 01:56 AM
Michael,

Thank you for posting the latest updates on Newells. We can always count on you to bring us up to date.

The articles on StabilRide were impressive and I am sure that new buyers will step up to the plate and buy the latest and greatest. I wish I could be one of them!

The 50 employees who assisted in the clean-up in Joplin are to be commended. What a great outpouring of brotherly love for people in distress. And a big thanks to WalMart for the donations and Karl Blade for the use of the Newell to deliver the goods.

It's great to see Americans come together in times of natural disasters.

encantotom
06-21-2011, 05:19 AM
our version is a little simpler. if the coach starts to lean one way, i have darlene lean out the window the opposite way. she just goes back and forth as needed.

much easier to maintain and fix.

as wally says....that my 2 cents worth and i am stickin to it.

tom

Richard and Rhonda
06-21-2011, 11:43 PM
Interesting how all coaches are built differently. When my coach leans excessively, I have an alarm that loudly sounds. It originates somewhere in the area of the copilot seat, but I have yet to find the wiring that activates it. If I could find the wiring I could install a potentiometer to control the volume. It must be a pretty advanced system since it is not just an alarm, but an alarm that sounds like a female voice. It usually sounds like "Slow Down". Although sometimes, it does ask "Do you know where you're going?"

rheavn
06-21-2011, 11:56 PM
Hey Richard,
I've got that same alarm on my coach. If you find the fuse to disarm let me know.

folivier
06-22-2011, 01:21 AM
Careful guys, that fuse controls all sorts of things!http://www.newellclassic.com/forum/images/icons/icon10.gif

chockwald
06-22-2011, 01:43 AM
Richard, you had me going....I was taking your post very seriously until the last 2 sentences......my alarm must be broken, because I never hear anything from that side of the coach when I am driving....well, I must qualify that......I do hear occasionally, "Honey, do you think it is safe to run that video camera and drive at the same time?"!

tuga
06-22-2011, 12:57 PM
You guys better hope that your wives don't start reading these posts!

Especially Tom!

rheavn
06-22-2011, 02:59 PM
Tuga,
Don't you worry about it I can handle Suzy.......................................but just in case don't tell her!