PDA

View Full Version : 2002 Coach 608

encantotom
11-11-2011, 07:55 PM
Howdy,

much to our great surprise and with our kids thinking we are nuts after spending so much time and love on our 1990 Newell, Darlene and I took possession today of coach 608. A 2002 45 foot 2 slide coach.

i guess we needed something else to do....

so, soon we will have a 1990 that everthing is new available for someone else to enjoy.

Tom and Darlene

below is a picture i just took in front of our house.

RussWhite
11-11-2011, 08:03 PM
Looking very patriotic with lots of headroom for a tall guy. The two of you will have some fun getting this one just the way you want it. Congratulations! Russ

tuga
11-11-2011, 08:27 PM
Congratulations Tom & Darlene on a beautiful Newell.

You will love the slides; there's nothing like them IMO.

Hope you don't stay in the TBC (two bus club) very long. Your 1990 Newell should move quickly; it is very nice.

If anybody is looking for a 38' Newell - this is a really nice one! Everything is new. The best way to buy a used coach is from a guy like Tom - everything is fixed. Twice!

folivier
11-11-2011, 08:58 PM
Wow, really nice!
Congrats!

chockwald
11-11-2011, 11:21 PM
Congratulations Tom and Darlene!! We were all getting concerned that you and Tom would be getting bored now that everything on the 1990 has been done over at least once...haha! See you in January!

Clarke and Elaine

zcasa
11-11-2011, 11:23 PM
Hey Tom and Darlene:

Very nice exterior. Looking forward to seeing the interior. Do your plans include traveling the country? I'm guessing with all of your international trips, that you only had to trade your frequent flyer miles for this gorgeous Coach?

David

chockwald
11-11-2011, 11:28 PM
David, these guys brought the coach to Tom to inspect and drive. You will note there is no awning, and no window awnings, and there is something else missing that I'm sure Tom will relate at a later time.

afrench45
11-11-2011, 11:43 PM
Congratulations Tom! I'll be anxious to track as you put your personal touch on it. I'm sure you'll be able to teach me a thing or two before long!
How does the 7ft. Difference feel when driving?

zcasa
11-12-2011, 12:21 AM
Clarke, love a good riddle, just have never been able to solve one.

Tom, any clues?

lbrachfe
11-12-2011, 12:43 AM
Congratulations !

Larry & Hedy Brachfeld
2003 2 slide #646

encantotom
11-12-2011, 04:55 AM
thanks all. we are still a bit stunned that we got it. the extra 7-8 feet is only an issue when turning a corner and i have only clipped one curb....ha

the immensity of this baby is really quite astounding. our 38 footer feels like a compact car compared to it. it is very peppy and easy to drive. i have a few things i need to learn and fix yet.

the previous owner used a large attached tent/room instead of an awning. it did not come with the coach. it is tall enough to block out the sun so who needs an awning?

tomorrow i will put the 90 in a storage place so i can put this baby in the driveway and start updating and fixing stuff.

i know my 1990 inside and out and i guess it will take me a while to be that way with this one.

the tall ceiling is something i really like. i am tall and i still have a lot of room over my head. the slides sure give a spacious roomy area.

it has a rear bath and a half bath as well.

the air door is really cool. i just open and close it like a kid. i have to figure out how to reprogram the keypad at the entry. the fellow who delivered it didnt know the code.

tom

prairieschooner
11-12-2011, 01:30 PM
Congratulations Tom! This does sound like a great new project for you and Darlene. The paint scheme looks nice as well.

I hope that the curbs in your neighborhood survive the learning curve.

HoosierDaddy
11-13-2011, 12:36 AM
O'boyO'boyO'boy this is gonna be fun AND educational to watch....!
I have learned a LOT following your work on the '90.
Congratulations Tom and Darlene!

lbrachfe
11-13-2011, 03:23 AM
Reprogramming is simple. Call Newell for the pin code that you use with the trigger pad inside the first cabinet below your door control panel inside. I did mine in two minutes.

Larry & Hedy Brachfeld
2003 2 slide # 646

encantotom
11-13-2011, 03:26 AM
i saw a programming switch inside that cabinet on the top, but there is no other pad.

we played with it for a while today and couldnt figure out how to get it to work.

can you outline the steps?

thanks

tom

encantotom
11-13-2011, 03:44 AM
never mind. i just drug darlene out there to help. i got it. the manual is not accurate.

but it works now

thanks

tom

chockwald
11-13-2011, 01:26 PM
What is it about us "guys"?.....we just want our stuff to work, and we will spend a lot of time fiddling with stuff that doesn't work, trying to get it to work right. When something isn't working we become mildly (I'm understating here) obsessed with it until we solve the problem, even to the point of waking up in the middle of the night and thinking about it. Personally, I've solved a number of these types of problems in the middle of the night....I do my best thinking after a few hours of sleep....haha! Once and a while I have to ask my wife for her perspective on a problem, and she usually has a completely different observation.

folivier
11-13-2011, 01:31 PM
Ha, since Cindy has also retired and we are spending much more time together we both noticed how our brains work SO differently!
But it's been great so far, and will only get greaterrrr when we finally hit the road this spring.
(how come if I need one thing from the grocery I can be back home in 15 minutes and it takes Cindy over an hour????)

Summersgal
11-13-2011, 01:47 PM
Forrest,

Maybe since you went to the grocery store you didn't get as many things as Cindy does when she goes and takes longer to buy more things! :-) And that is part of being a woman...we tend to shop more! LOL

Pam

Summersgal
11-13-2011, 01:49 PM
Clarke

After all these years I would think that you know WOMEN think differently than Men! :-)

afrench45
11-13-2011, 09:21 PM
Tom,
Just curious... Does the new coach have a silverleaf system?

encantotom
11-13-2011, 11:40 PM
no silverleaf (i am putting in vmspc from them, but thats all)

does yours have it?

from what i understand, mine was the first 2002.

tom

afrench45
11-14-2011, 01:30 AM
Yes my coach has it. I'm not sure when they first started putting them in coaches, but I know until recently they still used the exact same unit. It's incredible how accurate it is.

Summersgal
11-14-2011, 11:55 AM
Congratulations to Tom and Darlene!! I forgot that in my last message cause I was running my mouth about the grocery store and fixing things! LOL

Congratulations again! Look forward to watching the progress!!

Pam

Neweller
11-18-2011, 04:21 AM
Congrats! Tom and Darlene on the new coach. Looks like there will be more fun to come.

If you know anyone that wants to donate a nice 90' Newell to the gang in admin, don't hesitate to holler. :thumbsup:

Ken