PDA

View Full Version : 42" tv mount over driver

encantotom
11-30-2011, 04:53 AM
hi all,

i have not played with the 2 42" plasmas that are in my coach yet. i am going to replace them with newer ones. the one in the front has a pretty stout and sophisticated mount that i have not quite figured out yet. it has a rod that lifts up on each side of the tv that releases some kind of latch like a bay door latch. there is something similar at the top on the sides.

any wisdom on this latching system before i break something?

thanks

tom

RussWhite
11-30-2011, 01:12 PM
Mine has a latch at each side nearer the bottom than the top. I press in on the bottom of the TV ( to take some tension off the latch ) then pressdown on the rod that has been added to each latch to release the catch. Gas springs will swing the bottom of the TV toward you and pivot upward to reveal all the space behind the TV. Closing is just pressing inward until you hear each latch close. Mine is very nicely done and one of favorite features. I use an adjustable length handle to hold the outer facia against the ceiling when I need to unlatch the TV.
I am glad I have no need to change the TV as finding one to work in the existing mount might be a challenge. Russ

encantotom
12-01-2011, 04:34 AM
thanks russ. i think mine is very similar. the latches are towards the bottom on both sides and then there appears to be a pivot pins towards the top on both sides. i was concerned that i would release the latches and the whole thing would tumble on me. mine is the original 42" plasma so it is going to be pretty heavy.

tom