PDA

View Full Version : Dialight LED tail/turn/stop light source

encantotom
12-01-2011, 03:38 PM
hi everyone.

on my 1990 i put the dialight series 80 rectangular tail and turn led lights in and they were awesome.

i had found Fred Goffrier in Tuscon, AZ who sells them very reasonably and has super fast shipping.

so i bought a set of 8 of them for the new rig.

these make you really stand out at night and are wayyyy brighter and consume a fraction of the power that the old ones do.

they dont seem to make the backup light yet so i will buy a new housing and put an LED bulb in it.

if any of you want a great source for these and want info or a price, please contact fred directly at ftg69@msn.com.

he sells on ebay too, but i just buy from him direct. if you do an ebay search for "Newell led" you will get his auctions".

tell him i sent you...

thanks

tom

smagown
12-01-2011, 10:23 PM
Tom:
After your original post I contacted Fred and got them for my rig. They look great and he was a pleasure to do business with.
Thanks,

chockwald
12-02-2011, 01:12 AM
I have them on my Newell....they are very bright!

encantotom
12-30-2011, 03:03 PM
here are the pictures of my install.

i did all 3 red as both brake and tail. the also replaced the backup unit. with a housing that has a removable socket so you can put your own bulb in. i experimented with led bulbs, but couldnt find one that was as bright as i liked so left the regular bulb in.

i did inner and outer top row and middle bottom row as the red. started to do the top row all three red, but newell made the brackets for the red reflector and the mount was slightly different so it needed to go back to where it was.

they look good this way anyway, but personal preference.

tom

GORDON HUMMEL
12-30-2011, 09:29 PM
Tom
The 4701 works perfectly as a backup light. You'll need a holder, bezel, socket & relay, but it fit the Newell frame perfectly & looks stock !