PDA

View Full Version : new headhunter water pump

encantotom
12-21-2011, 05:08 AM
hi all,

the headhunter aquajet 110v water pump was shot. i found a new headhunter mach5 pump from a surplus dealer for $375. i had to replump and remount the mach5 because it had a different configuration. i used pex sharkbite fittings so i didnt have to buy a crimper for the standard pex fittings. a plumber buddy of mine had some blue 1" pex i used for the inlet.

i had to mount the pump a little sideways to get it to fit. the nice thing about the sharkbite fittings is you can quick release them if needed.

there is a water valve controlled by a solenoid that is disconnected going into the water tank. i need to see what that is and get it replaced.

it turned out quite nice.

a few pictures below.

tom

Richard and Rhonda
12-21-2011, 10:57 AM
Tom,

Does the Headhunter require an accumulation tank? Or is it on demand?

lbrachfe
12-21-2011, 01:52 PM
On demand...I have the same new pump but with a completely different setup.

encantotom
12-21-2011, 03:14 PM
hi larry, how is yours different?

tom

lbrachfe
12-21-2011, 05:59 PM
Tom,
My piping is set up with the aux pump having the exact same setup as the main which makes for alot more pipe and connections.Before they were tied together on one line. Reworked the system from the original setup which had the aux pipes running into the main pump line and now they are independent of the main pump. Hope I explained that well. I had lots of problems before with the main pump shutting off and gaining to much pressure before I did this change and now I keep the aux pump (Shurflo Extreme 70lbs ) as a seperate system if ever needed.

ashley
01-09-2012, 03:38 PM
If you have a mach5 they will send you a new one for aroung 575.00 You have to furnish them with you tag on the old one

encantotom
01-09-2012, 03:57 PM
yea i know. unfortunately, i had a headhunter jetpaq. that deal doesnt apply

tom

Neweller
01-19-2012, 02:36 PM
Those Sharkbite's do come in handy, don't they. I tried them out on a large remodel about 4 yrs ago, so tried them on the coach after loosing a pipe from freeze. Been thinking of redoing the whole coach in PEX with those. Hope your enjoying the new coach.