PDA

View Full Version : airbags

encantotom
01-01-2012, 12:10 AM
hi,

as we inspected my coach, the two front axle airbags looked new. no cracking of any kind. same for the tag axle. the drive axle was another story. 3 of the 4 were cracked and looked ready to blow. one looked new.

my bus guy has lots of airbags for prevo's but mine used a bag that no one in the phoenix metro area had in stock. most online places didnt have them either. i did find a place that had 2 in two different locations. so i ordered them and they came friday. the drive axle one were Goodyear 1R11-066 or Firestone W013589477.

my bus guy leo came in special for me to put them in today. i know a few of you have done it yourselves, but after watching a guy who said he does at least one airbag a week, i wouldnt want to try it. he used a combination of the lift, huge jack stands and big air tools. he worked on all 4 at once. took him about 2 hours to do all 4.

one of the 4 he took off had a date code of november 2009 so i am keeping that as a spare. below are some of the pictures of the old bags....scary.

tom