PDA

View Full Version : Smoke alarm

Bob & Peggy Standeford
01-07-2012, 12:23 AM
Since I burned my last RV down I think it might be a good idea to have a smoke alarm. If I have one on my 1999 Newell # 516 I can't find it. I have purchased a new one but can't find a good place for it, any good suggestions out there. Thanks for your help.
Bob & Peggy,

rheavn
01-07-2012, 12:27 AM
Bob,
I put mine on the surface above the pocket door leading from the kitchen to the bedroom. Stuck it up there with velcro.

prairieschooner
01-07-2012, 01:09 AM
Also look into a Carbon Monoxide Alarm as well. While we all hope that we don't need one you just never know.

chockwald
01-07-2012, 01:18 AM
When I replaced my carbon monoxide detector I got a smoke detector included in the package. I placed the smoke detector in the bedroom just above the electric heater thermostat....about 6 feet from the kitchen stove. Works well....Elaine forgets to turn on the fan when she is cooking bacon, so it gets tested periodically.

tuga
01-07-2012, 02:21 PM
Since I burned my last RV down I think it might be a good idea to have a smoke alarm. If I have one on my 1999 Newell # 516 I can't find it. I have purchased a new one but can't find a good place for it, any good suggestions out there. Thanks for your help.
Bob & Peggy,

Bob,

My smoke alarm and carbon monoxide detector are located behind the valence in the bedroom. Mine is velcroed on the left side of the bed as you face the headboard. It is a good idea to close your bedroom/hall door when cooking so as not to set it off!