PDA

View Full Version : Newell Sighting

Brad Townsend
01-08-2012, 12:39 PM
I saw a nice classic maybe 1988 vintage way out in the desert near Picacho park outside of Yuma AZ. We were in a caravan of about 31 vehicles going to the Names and then a dog burn/weenie roast. Wonder who this may be?

2dogs
01-09-2012, 04:16 PM
Brad, Was it blue? There is a blue one around the corner from us on 14 1/2 E in the foothills BC plates. Boy thats a long rough road to picacho Brian

Brad Townsend
01-09-2012, 10:42 PM
I saw a lot of purple through the dust from all the vehicles in the convoy we were in.
Bill was here (Bill and Sonya) yesterday and he said he thought he saw it in another location.
Yes it sure is a rough road out there, wash board the whole way.

chockwald
02-02-2012, 01:17 AM
Was standing on the terrace looking at the view when I heard a familiar sound....what sound you ask....the sound of a 6V92 in first gear at high RPM going up the long hill into the park. I rushed over to the edge just in time to see a 1983 40' Newell Classic (blue and gray striping similar to my striping layout, but different colors) drive by. Later on Art (who has owned his 1983 Newell for 15 years) came by to say "HI!". We talked for a few minutes. I will get over to his site tomorrow and take a picture and post it later tomorrow.

UPDATE: Here is a picture of the 1983 Newell Classic 40' coach with V692. Met Art yesterday briefly. He has owned his coach for 15 years, and is from Texas. That is one LONG patio awning!