PDA

View Full Version : Blue Beacon truck wash?

folivier
02-21-2012, 02:10 AM
Anyone tried them? There is one right past the Goodyear place and if the sky is clear I desperately need the coach washed. After driving through the rain to get here it is FILTHY! Can't wash at the campground since the entire area is in a stage 1 drought even after all the rain.

afrench45
02-21-2012, 05:18 AM
I use the one in Oklahoma city all the time, and have used others around the country too. To wash my coach is around $50 for a basic wash but they charge by the length. A few pieces of advise is to tell them to not leave the soap (just have them wash it right off) on the wheels because the acid dulls the wheel and I always have to have my wheels polished out after if they let it sit. Depending on the season (if it's safe for the men to go outside) for $6 they'll shine the tires and it's good stuff, doesn't sling all over after. The Rain-X is treatment also worth the few extra dollars.

express1
02-21-2012, 01:44 PM
Yep, we have used them, pay extra for drying......this can make one really lazy.....
Tires yet?

larryweikart
02-22-2012, 01:36 AM
Have them dry it if they offer the service, cause most of them use very hard water that will definitely leave spots that are not too easy to remove. I always wipe the rims right after I pull out of their bay.

folivier
02-22-2012, 07:55 PM
Had the works done at Blue Beacon, roof washed, wax treatment, tires, dried for $83.
They did a pretty good job. Think next time I'll just do the basic wash n dry.
Thanks for the tips.

dholman
02-26-2012, 11:28 PM
Don't let them use the acid on your wheels. Just soap. If you do, you'll learn quickly which I'm sure some have.