PDA

View Full Version : Replacing save lock key cilinder

leskorcala@hotmail.com
03-04-2012, 02:39 AM
Hello,
Our 2001 Newell with 2 slides was sold to us with out the kay lock to the safe ( safe is located in teh walk in closet ) its well monted to the frame and i would love to still use is with out going trough all kinds of problem trying to remove it!

The small cilinder is there and wanted to find out if anyone had the same problem and trying to drill out the old cylinder!

The sve lock is long way out of buisness ( Safe marketing , INC out of OK. ) so there is no way to get anykind og help!

Thanks you for any tips you might have !

Les

encantotom
03-04-2012, 03:48 AM
my 90 has a safe with a round key. i didnt get the key either. i had a lock smith open it and then got 3 keys for it. cost me about 75 bucks if i remember right. took him about 30 seconds to open it.

tom

prestadude
03-04-2012, 04:03 AM
My experience was the same. Several keys were missing when I purchased the coach. I called over the locksmith and he made new keys for all the locks, no need for new cylinders. As Encantotom said, the locksmith had the safe open in a few minutes and cut a new round key for that too. Makes you wonder how good any of our locks are, RV or home.

leskorcala@hotmail.com
03-05-2012, 01:54 AM
Thank you guys! looks like game plan and better than do it youself trying to find the right key lock etc.

Les

chockwald
03-05-2012, 02:01 AM
There is no key for our safe......if you don't have the combination, which, by the way is very complex, you are out of luck, and only the Lovely Elaine is able to open it with any regularity....lol! At least that's what I tell her.

leskorcala@hotmail.com
03-19-2012, 05:00 AM
Haha love it! the one i have takes round tip style key , will deal with the Locksmith