PDA

View Full Version : generator radiator

encantotom
03-09-2012, 05:20 PM
after i got the new blower in and completely serviced the genny (fuel, air, oil filters, oil, fan belt, thermostat etc) i ran it for a while. saw a pinhole leak on the radiator. so i took it out. on mine you have to take the front body panel off. i sanded down and painted the inner air flow dam. it was quite rusty.

i had the radiator rodded and fixed.

i installed it back in with darlenes help on wed nite. it didnt quite go back in as smoothly as i had hoped and i had to use some washers as spacers to get the radiator and front panel aligned.

i have a new cyberdyne coolant temp sender coming i will put in (my temp is reading 20 deg too low) to see if that fixes it.

so when i get back i will try and get the genny all done.

i just arrived in haifa israel today and will be here for a week for work.

that makes singapore, malaysia, china and israel in the past 3 weeks. hopefully i can stay home for awhile once i get back.

later

tom

encantotom
03-17-2012, 11:07 PM
i finished installing the radiator and put the new genny temp sender in and such. my temp gauge still shows about 20 degrees too low. i guess a new gauge is in order.

i also took the 4 glow plugs out and checked each one to make sure they were all working. my genny pauses at startup and then gets going. next step is to play with the fuel solenoid like richard has suggested.

got back from israel last nite about 11pm. fun to get to work on the newell again.

tom

lbrachfe
03-18-2012, 03:06 PM
Glad your back Tom...Now we can all get back to taking notes from you and catch up on our work.....