PDA

View Full Version : 1990 Newell Door Parts Needed

rjlgyoung3945
03-17-2012, 02:27 AM
we bought a 1990 newell and the door lock to open from the out side broke (the long rod that attaches to the handle.. where can I get a new one or replacement??? When my husband was taken to ER /911 call I took the door apart and now I need to get it fixed! the service place we took it to did not fix it and we want to get on the road..(they have had the couch for 8 months) we had lots of things done to it new sides/new paint, (hail damage) wheel barrings, the $ had gone on and on... but I do love to drive it but would like to have the door fixed can someone please tell me where I can get the part.

prairieschooner
03-17-2012, 03:05 AM
On our '82 it is a Lincoln Door Handle, not sure about the rod but you should be able to fab one.
Hopefully Tom will chime in\, he has a '90 as well.

Wally Arntzen
03-17-2012, 03:32 AM
On our '82 it is a Lincoln Door Handle, not sure about the rod but you should be able to fab one.
Hopefully Tom will chime in\, he has a '90 as well.

You should be able get one from Newell. They can overnight it to you and you can have your repair place put it in and get you on the road. I don't think you do anything with them until monday.

encantotom
03-20-2012, 01:17 PM
hi,

i have not had to replace it so i do not know what it is from. newell used parts from standard cars or trucks so it should be something that is available if you could find out from newell what it was off of.

i seem to remember someone on this site talking about it before but i could not find a post about it.

i will private message you my phone number if you have anything you would like to discuss about it.

i have been all through my 1990 and am quite familiar with them.

tom

jwe648
03-20-2012, 06:43 PM
Interesting... I had previously posted the P/N bought mine from eBay for about $30 Many Ford products had this handle..
I can't seem to get the search to work ...

jwe648
03-20-2012, 06:48 PM
http://newellclassic.com/forum/images/icons/icon1.png Flush Door Handle

My outsidedoor handle broke at the arm.. Went thru the window to get in, luckly I was resealing it so it was out.

Seems that Newell used a Ford door handle.. Many Years. Tom's is the same as my 74'.

I needed two (springs broken on other) so.. I got the 1st one from Newell...$ 166.00

It came in the Ford Box so... I got the other from eBay $40.00.

So if you happen to need a Flush Door handle the
Ford P/N is: E25Y-5422404-A

Jimmy

encantotom
03-20-2012, 08:32 PM
jimmy is the man. i just checked on ebay and you can still get one new for $40 shipped.

thanks jimmy

tom