PDA

View Full Version : Remote start and stop switches

Lewis and Clark
03-18-2012, 11:42 PM
Gentlemen,

My gen will not start from either of the 3 remote stations within the coach.(over the driver, in the galley and in the bedroom), however I can start and stop the gen with the switch located on the gen. I searched for fuses by the passenger's foot rest as well as in the bedroom fuse panel to no avail. The only other piece of info is that when I did shut the gen off today from over the driver, I did notice the temp was not registering and when I shut it off the temp gauge spiked and dropped.
Any and all input is appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Nando Garbarino
Ft. Myers, Fl.

Richard and Rhonda
03-19-2012, 11:24 AM
I am reading between the lines in the post that the failure to start from the remotes is a recent event. With the guages going flat at the same time, it sounds like a ground problem, or a loose connection. I would look carefully at the wiring coming into the generator. Also there are two fuses on the generator control panel.

Lewis and Clark
03-19-2012, 02:58 PM
Hello Richard,

Thanks for you response. I checked the fuses on the generator and they are OK. I trace as far as I could wires coming into the generator and all look clean and tight. I started the generator today using the switch on the generator and it ran fine, however the gauges above the driver's seat were not working. Stumped!!!

Nando

Lewis and Clark
03-20-2012, 12:18 AM
Richard,

I solved the problem. About a week ago I had new inverters installed as well as AGS. In doing so, the installers unplugged the remote start (6 pins plug on the back side of the generator control box. and when they put the plug back together they bent one of the pins (Water temp) and therefore the plug did not fit correctly and that is why the water temp. gauge was not working. Opening and closing the gen slide a few times the plug worked loose.
I straighten the pin and re-plugged and everything is back to normal, gauges as well.

Nando

folivier
03-20-2012, 02:51 AM
I love these easy fixes. Congrats and welcome to the club.

ashley
05-24-2012, 05:01 PM
started generator let go of start position gen would quit. Ran fine if you held swith up. solenoid on right side of engine bad

afrench45
05-25-2012, 02:39 AM
started generator let go of start position gen would quit. Ran fine if you held swith up. solenoid on right side of engine bad

Mine has done the exact same thing.

Richard and Rhonda
05-26-2012, 02:29 PM
That would be the fuel shutoff solenoid. The solenoid may not be the culprit, also check the relay that powers the solenoid. Easiest thing to do is expose the pos and neg lead to the solenoid. Clamp on the voltmeter. see what happens to the voltage when you let go of the switch. If it drops to zero, it's the relay circuit and not the solenoid.

ashley
05-28-2012, 03:02 PM
It was the solenoid