PDA

View Full Version : Solenoid valve for bed lift

folivier
03-21-2012, 02:50 AM
I had noticed my 110v air compressor running more frequently and today it was taking a long time to come to pressure. After looking for leaks I found that the solenoid valve for the bed lift air ram was leaking air. I ended up cutting the air tubing and plugging that to stop the air leak. Now I need to find another solenoid. It is a SMC NVK3120 0-100psi 12VDC. Does anyone know where to get one of these online? I'm in Moab now and it will be next month before I get down to Phoenix area. It's not a rush, there's nothing under the bed we will need anytime soon.
Thanks.

prairieschooner
03-21-2012, 03:12 AM
Is that a "magic fingers" bed?;
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=magic+fingers+bed

The inventor has since passed so parts may be hard to find!

folivier
03-21-2012, 03:16 AM
Haha! No, just the solenoid valve for the air ram to lift the bed to access the storage space under it.

tuga
03-21-2012, 12:20 PM
Forest,

You might try googling the part number; if that doesn't work google the manufacturer's web page. If that fails, call Newell.

encantotom
03-21-2012, 02:05 PM
hi forest. SMC is very good about helping you if you call them. you can order direct from them as well. i got a rebuild kit for the ram that pushes my bay fridge/freezer in and out from them. that ram was an smc one.

it is a common valve and appears to be about 45 bucks. but there are many configurations.

http://www.smcpneumatics.com/search.asp?keyword=NVK3120&search.x=13&search.y=8

tom

folivier
03-21-2012, 02:41 PM
Thanks, I did google the part number and found some on ebay but they are 24vdc and I need 12vdc. I even found that 0-0.7Kpa is 0-100 psi!
I guess I'll call SMC and order from them or from Newell. It's not a rush job, just something I want to get done so that I don't forget about it.
I may even take it apart and see if I can clean it when I get a chance. The main thing was to reduce the load on the air compressor.

rheavn
03-21-2012, 06:08 PM
Forest,
At some point after your coach was built Newell changed the bed lift to a 12V motorized ram. This may be a cheaper alternative to an air ram and would get rid of one source of air leaks. Might be worth doing a cost analysis.