PDA

View Full Version : OTA TV Antenna

encantotom
04-08-2012, 10:07 PM
Hi all,

My coach does not have a TV antenna on the roof. I want to be able to have OTA (over the air) TV reception so i need to put one on. I do have a height problem as i dont want to be higher than the genny/aquahot exhaust and the roof is raised right up to the sat antenna.

i do not want a batwing antenna. been looking at either the winegard roadstar 2000 or the antennacraft hdms9100rv. the antenna craft is interesting because it has an internal RF remote controlled rotor.

anyone have any experience with either of these antennas?

thanks

tom

HoosierDaddy
04-08-2012, 11:15 PM
Hi Tom,
I have used the Antennacraft on both Newells with excellent results. I just bought a new one for my Airstream. I have done business with these guys in the past:

http://www.solidsignal.com/pview.asp?p=HDMS9100

Sometimes they have an "open box" sale.

smagown
04-09-2012, 01:51 PM
Tom:
I'm using the Roadstar. It is low profile for clearance. It gets good reception but not like a directional antenna.
Thanks,

jwe648
04-09-2012, 05:35 PM
Tom,
I used the Roadstar and it worked well even while driving, as long as I was in range.

encantotom
06-20-2012, 01:24 AM
i am waiting for the winegard RS3000 to come out. it has been announced but they redesigned it so will not be avail for a couple of months. i wanted to have hd OTA so i decided to try something.

i ordered this amplified HDTV antenna from monoprice. http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=109&cp_id=10901&cs_id=1090102&p_id=7976&seq=1&format=2

i paid 20 bucks for it and mounted it behind the tv up front and ran it to a splitter for the other tv's. i picked up 34 HD ota channels right off the bat. it is a directional antenna but it is on an adjustable mount that allows it to be moved easily.

so, i will still get the other one, but have one that works for now. not optimum but cheap and it works.

tom

LynnJeff
06-22-2012, 05:54 PM
Great idea, Tom and in my price range. Just ordered one. Thanks again.