PDA

View Full Version : Rectangular Tail, Stop, and Backup Lights, Sealed Assembly

Flydrifter
04-09-2012, 09:35 PM
Called Newell, and they no longer have the direct replacement available, however, found them at the following location for $9 each, Newell has a substitute, but it entails changing out the pigtails and the cost is about +\- $50 each if I remember right.

Anyway they are available at the following location:

http://www.parrpse.com/page58.html

Ray Penick
96 Newell
Tulsa, OK

encantotom
04-09-2012, 10:57 PM
many of us have changed them to LED versions. much much better visibility and look. go do a search on ebay for newell led and you will see them. there are threads on this site that show pictures and current changes etc. i have done that to my 90 and my 02.

if you do a search on this site for led tail you will see the source we use for them and pictures etc. tell fred i sent you and he will give you a great deal.

tom

Bikestuff
04-10-2012, 01:18 AM
Ditto on Tom's comments. When I got mine, there were two distinct colors of red LED taillights. I had miscounted and needed to order another pair...(one of each color of red). Fred was able to figure it out and sent me exactly what I needed. Great guy!

oh...and my coach looks great with the new LED tail lights.

Tom, did you leave the backups alone, or have you found an LED version for those too?

bill

encantotom
04-10-2012, 01:25 AM
hi bill,

there are no led clear ones that have led's. not sure why, but there isnt. on the 90, i bought new clear housings that had a socket and pigtail (vs the sealed ones) and put an led bulb in.

on the 02 i just bought the clear housings with socket and pigtail and did a normal bulb. i dont back up very much so didnt worry about power.

ray, because of power (current) i think newell had the tail and brake lights operating separately. at least on mine, i hooked the 3 of them all together on each side. so there are 3 tails and each of them becomes brake lights when applying the brake. there is a reflector that i left. i know a few others put a 4th brake/tail in that spot but i left the reflector there.

i also replace all the running/marker lights with led's on my 90 and have bought them to do the same on the 02.

tom

tom