PDA

View Full Version : Batteries Bay won't open

leskorcala@hotmail.com
05-07-2012, 04:21 AM
Just recently wanted to check my batteries levels and can not ope the bay ? its sticking on the right locking barcket ! I have tried everything, spry oil in there , using long tool to get in there , just can not unhook the latch on the right side od the bay!

Is anyone had that problem ? if so what is the trick to free that stocked latch?

Les

lbrachfe
05-07-2012, 02:03 PM
The trick is a long nose plier and grab hold of the cable that attachs at both the lock and end hasp and pull up while you pull the door out..If one side opens as you seem to indicate you should be able to reach in with a long nose pliers and if not try usinf the key as you jiggle the door. Both of these methods have worked for me.

leskorcala@hotmail.com
05-08-2012, 05:30 AM
Larry,
Thanks for good tip, i will try it , I can also try coat henger with hook on the end and try to pull the cable on the locked side.

Les
2001 double slide

encantotom
05-08-2012, 02:18 PM
then when you have it open, adjust the cable before you close it again. test it by holding the door open and locking the latch and pulling on the handle and adjust till the one that didnt open opens at the same time as the other side that did.

tom

afrench45
05-08-2012, 08:25 PM
Don't forget, Patience is key when trying to open these! :mad:

leskorcala@hotmail.com
05-10-2012, 04:18 AM
Thanks guys for good tips!

I used coat hanger with hook on its end and pulled the cable up and it opened the bay door.

As Tom mentioned the left cable need it more tenssion! I oiled all the moving parts on all bays and they should be good to go!

Les