PDA

View Full Version : Unidentified device under diningt seats

Chester B. Stone, Jr.
05-07-2012, 06:24 PM
While exploring my recently acquired 2001 Newell, I discovered an electrical device under the dining seats. It has the markings a/b/s/ 335is.2 and it has a set of factory installed speaker wires as well as what looks like 12v power wires and a blue wire. I have attached a photo. From prior postings, I suspect it has to do with a subwoofer. Would appreciate any information as to what it is and how to use it. I recently replaced the factory amp with a Sony surround amp with optical imput.

express1
05-07-2012, 09:41 PM
Im sure thats what it is!!
QUOTE=Chester B. Stone, Jr.;15282]While exploring my recently acquired 2001 Newell, I discovered an electrical device under the dining seats. It has the markings a/b/s/ 335is.2 and it has a set of factory installed speaker wires as well as what looks like 12v power wires and a blue wire. I have attached a photo. From prior postings, I suspect it has to do with a subwoofer. Would appreciate any information as to what it is and how to use it. I recently replaced the factory amp with a Sony surround amp with optical imput.
2225[/QUOTE]

Richard and Rhonda
05-08-2012, 01:19 AM
Chester, I think you meant ADS not ABS. ADS is a manufacturer of high end stereo equipment. Newell has used them for many years. You are looking at the crossover for a component speaker set. The crossover divides the highs and lows between the woofer and the tweeter.

Chester B. Stone, Jr.
05-08-2012, 03:02 PM
Richard, is the woofer a part of the 5 visible speakers, I can see the tweeter and the larger speaker, or is there a subwoofer located somewhere in the coach? In any event, the quality of the sound system is good.

afrench45
05-08-2012, 08:28 PM
Chester, I have 2 subwoofers behind my TV, and two underneath my bed.

On a side note, Went into a 2013 Newell last week, they still were using the same speakers our coach's have! If something works good, why change it? Shows the quality of our motorcoaches.