PDA

View Full Version : Tracstar wont lock

lbrachfe
06-07-2012, 02:10 AM
It was working fine today and then in a new local the remote only goes to "lock verify" and with no sound or picture of any kind. All the cables and power seem ok and opened up the dish which also seemed to be running ok. Any ideas ?

lbrachfe
06-11-2012, 04:11 PM
All fixed. TracStar indicated a needed software update...

tuga
06-12-2012, 01:17 PM
Thanks Larry, if yours needed a software update chances are some of us need the same update.

I am going to call TracStar and see if my current software is the most recent. Don't want to wait until we are ready to leave on a trip to find out that the antenna is not working properly.

Good post!

lbrachfe
06-12-2012, 04:54 PM
Tuga,
Ask for Jim,Jamie or Hal in the 360 dept. They will send you software,updater,cables and power supplys for FREE.You pay shipping. I had an "A" version and the current is "G".

tuga
06-12-2012, 07:01 PM
Thanks Larry, I'm on it!

tuga
06-13-2012, 07:27 PM
I called TracStar today; I have version G.

It is simple to tell what version you may have: after the TracStar is turned on, press the MAIN button. A display will show a series of numbers and a letter - this letter designates your version of the software. They are presently on G.

To return back to the main screen press the MAIN button 3 times and that will bring you back to the initial screen.

lbrachfe
06-13-2012, 07:43 PM
By the end of this trip we will probably be on "H". lololol. This is my second TracStar system and like it much more then Wineguard or the TracVision, which I also had previously.