PDA

View Full Version : Different bay heights question?

Ashford Simms
08-01-2012, 04:43 AM
I'm looking at some different Rv's out there and want something with a lot of bay height. Can anyone tell me the height of different years please. Much appreciated

tuga
08-01-2012, 01:07 PM
Hi Ashford,

I don't have an exact measurement, but I would guess that the bay height on my 1999 Newell is about 3'.

I have had 3 Newells over the years: 1987, 1993, and this one. They all had about the same bay height.

What are you planning to put in the bays? Golf cart, etc.?

A Prevost H3 has the highest bay height that I have ever seen. It must be 4' +

Ashford Simms
08-02-2012, 07:01 PM
Hey Tuga,

Thanks for wanting to help. I'm working on another electric bike design using Solid Works, this time around for a private venture and want to see where my working parameters need to be regarding storage space under an RV like the Newell. I have seen the Prevost conversion and those have plenty of height. I have an invester who loves the Newell and I want to please his dream of show boating around with this new bike design when the time comes in a Newell. I know my question was kind of vague intentially to avoid answering this sort of question. But you got it out of me anyway. I won't go into it any further until it's time to unveil the project. 36" is going to be close. The idea is to make it easily stowable through easy adjustable means without taking away from the geometry needs and charisma.

Neweller
08-02-2012, 11:18 PM
Hi Ashford and welcome!

It's always better for our members to know a little more detailed information relevant to your question in order to provide you in return a more valid answer(s). Thanks for following up on your question.

I can see why you may want to be discreet on something of that nature. I'm not sure the height of the 80's wide bodys, I'm sure somebody here will chime in on one of those and other years. Anything older is most likely out of the question. I will be checking out a 95' and 01' in a few days and be glad to report my findings there. Are you wanting the actual opening measurement or inside the bay itself. I'm thinking you want to know the opening height? Sounds like width is not a major concern.

Ken